Highlighted

Re: Being charged non return fee for a defective device that was sent back

The phone reps told me to short pay my bill and the charge would be removed.  The charge is still there.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

And will result in further late charges.

Highlighted

And if it's late for too long it'll be held against you when you go to try and use the device payment program again or the bill-to-account option. 

Highlighted

I just sent one back that worked as bad as the one I have Samsung SIII, it eats batteries like snacks. I complained, got another 'replacement' sent the first back as instructed to do with a note saying why I returned it.

I had my 'old Droid' still and reactivated it.

But now I cannot access my Samsung SIII because they (Verizon) deactivated the sim card. Having a second phone for protection is a NO NO here.

My Plan is Simple X number of minutes and data usage. How many phones I have should be irrelavant.

I was going to buy the Samsung S6 EDGE but not now going back to the droids

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Just swap the SIM from one phone to the other if they are the same size, if not, activate the deactivated SIM in My Verizon under My Device or Live Chat or call Verizon to activate.

Highlighted

WethSince you seem to know so much about this topic, can you please copy and paste the Language in the Extended Warranty/Service Contract, that addresses the 5 Day and 90 Day cutoffs with detailed Terms and Conditions.  I have spent a great deal of time trying to find these elusive policies and they are nowhere to be found.  My replacement device was through the Extended Warranty/Service Contract, which is written as a stand alone document, meaning it doesn't reference any other documents.  There is no mention a 5 day or 90 day or any other window.  The way it is written is very intentional. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Here is document:

Capture.PNG

Here is forum post with VZW rep confirming the 5 days

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/493816#493816

The 90 days referral is how long it took the original poster to return the phone. This is long after the 5 day policy.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I doubt that a Post in the "community" will hold up as the official, published Terms and Conditions for the Total Mobile Protection Program.  I in the world I have found that Post?  And from those 5 words I'm expected understand the Terms and Conditions, legal obligations, etc.?  For example, do I send my SIM Card with it?  When do I get it back?

Also my defective device was covered under the Extended Warranty/Service Contract thru Total Mobile Protection Plan I pay for.  Extended Limited Warranty or Service Contract Terms Conditions | Verizon Wireless

Here's the two sentences that vaguely address this topic -

XII. OTHER RIGHTS:

A. This Warranty or Service Contract gives you specific legal rights. You may have additional rights that vary from state to state.

D. Defective equipment must be returned or holder will be subject to a non­return fee equal to the cost of the non­promotion retail price. Subject to equipment availability at time of processing. Customer agrees to "like" device if same model is no longer available.

Here's the other thing, have they actually charged anyone on Day 6.  That's doubtful, so when are the charges actually added to an account? Is it arbitrary?  Can they charge your account at any time after Day 6?  What happens if for some reason the call center in Alabama charges on Day 15 but the center in Sacramento, CA charges on day 90. [removed] Then you have a number of regulators headed by the CFPB, for some reason, asking why there wasn't a clearly published policy regarding this time frame, I can promise you that pointing to a jpg posted in a forum in 2011, but  confirmed by a Verizon Rep a few years ago won't go over well....

Verizon can't just make it up as they go along, and that's what they are doing.  5 days is unenforceable - a phone dies morning Wed., she's working all week, the late shift till midnight, the local Verizon store closes at 10pm. She's able to go in on Saturday and hopefully the reps can help her get everything off the device.  She tries to send it back to Verizon but USPS is closed (yes this is who they use now US Postal...) as well as on Sunday.  Now we are at day  Day 6 and $499.99 charged. [removed]

The reps at Vz have no idea what Verizon disclosures legally binds the parties and allows the company to charge a fee for not returning a device.

Inappropriate content removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

The table is from official Verizon documentation.  It is a partial grab, but that is all I had.  There was also a FAQ that stated the same, but I can no longer find that in the public Internet.  You also mis-represent the timing in your example.  It is 5 days from the time you receive your replacement with return envelope.  You also mis-represent the fee, which is $299, not $499.  It is harder to say you can't get to a post office drop box in 5 days.  There is also likely a grace period, but don't count on it.  I saw your other post. Be aware these documents exist and will be brought forward.

Highlighted

Novice

If you call Verizon and give them the tracking and they see that its been returned they will credit your account. Sometimes the devices don't make in 5 day depending on how it was returned. Just reach out to customers service if that doesn't work ask for a supervisor Don't get upset it can be corrected

0 Likes