Highlighted

Being charged non return fee for a defective device that was sent back

I am truly disgusted with Verizon's "customer service". My defective device has been received in the warehouse, as has been confirmed by several reps as well as the USPS tracking system. I, however, am still being charged $500 for a non return fee. I am not paying this. I have called many times and each time I am asked for the tracking number, yet again. First I was told it was received in the warehouse and had to be processed in and once that was done the charge would "fall off". The next month, the charge was still there and my service was interrupted so I called back. I was told that the warehouse was backed up and my device should be processed in within the next 7-10 business days and my service was restored. The next month I was told,  after my service was once again interrupted, that the fee should definitely be gone before my next billing cycle and once again my service was restored. I called back to check a few days later and the rep told me the fee would "fix itself" because they had definitely received the defective device. Each rep said he/she was creating a ticket for my issue. Well....now my service is interrupted yet again....and the fee is still showing. I am beyond frustrated. This is ridiculous. I paid to have the device shipped back priority mail so I would have a tracking number (not to mention the fact that I did not receive a return label with my replacement device). I am out countless hours of dealing with customer service reps who have no clue what they are doing and I have had to pay late fees and reconnect fees on five lines each time my service has been interrupted. I will be calling customer care at 6am, yet again, in order to get my service restored. So I guess my question is this....do I need to contact an attorney tomorrow as well? Is there another company who would buy out my contract? I will not pay $500 for a defective device, that originally cost me $100, that is not even in my possession, but in the possession of Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Being charged non return fee for a defective device that was sent back

It seems that this type of information is becoming the norm here around the forum.  Is there a reason why you didn't use the packaging that they sent you to send your device back?  Whatever the case...be persistent...some folks have eventually had their issue resolved but it wasn't without a lot of time, energy, and frustration.  Stay the course...

Highlighted

I'm gong through a similar situation. I returned a defective phone to Verizon and was still billed $732 for the phone (which is FULL RETAIL VALUE FOR A NEW PHONE, even though the replacement phone I was sent was a used/refurbished phone with no battery, back door, or other peripherals), and they refuse to either refund my money or return the device to me. I obviously don't want the old phone back anyways since it was defective, but the fact that they refuse to return it even though they're also keeping my money just adds to the ridiculousness of the situation. They are telling me that the warehouse doesn't even have any record of logging the device into the system, even though I used the provided packing slip and return shipping label and I have proof that it was delivered to their facility.

Were you ever able to get this resolved? I have spoken with several high up service reps, and the most I was ever offered was some extra data on my plan at no charge.

Content was removed as required by the

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

jleonard711 wrote:

I'm gong through a similar situation.

You left out the important detail that you had 5 days to return the phone and didn't return it for more than 90 days, beyond the grace period, and that is why you did not get paid, not because Verizon couldn't find the phone.  So actually not similar at all.

Regardless they don't get to charge the fee, have you return the phone saying the fee would be taken care of once returned, charge the fee anyway and then keep the phone.  They don't get both even if it is outside of 90 days.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Agree, but he was not very forthcoming with the true story.  After 90 days he should have never sent in the phone.  Too late.  He created a situation worse for himself. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm having problems with Verizon saying that I did not return a phone.  I upgraded as part of the Edge program.  They send me two new phones.  In that box was a return label and one plastic envelope.  I put both old phones in the same envelope and returned them in the same box.  Verizon gave me credit for one of the phones but says they didn't receive the other one.  I got charged $300 for it on my last bill.  I've called multiple times and have been told the charge will be dropped.  Yet it is still there. 

It seems like a scam.  How do they not have the other phone?  It was in the same envelope and same box as the phone they said they received.  I'm getting tired of calling and explaining the situation over and over.  How can they be this incompetent, unless they are purposely saying they don't have the phone just to try to bill me more. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

They messed up not sending another label and envelope.  They were only expecting one phone per package. They only received one package. That's what happened.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

spdGT I wouldn't want to pay an extra $300 on my phone bill either. It is important we figure out where the device is located so the charge can be removed. Did you keep a copy of the return lable and tracking information?You mentioned customer service informed you that the charge would be removed, what was the conclusion they reached about not receiving the device? 

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes I have a tracking number and it shows it was delivered.   The phone reps confirmed that they received the package and they have the other phone that was in the envelope. I have a bad feeling I'm going to be fighting this for a while.

0 Likes