Being charged for old device I paid for. So mad

I have never been more angry in my entire life. I have been a loyal customer since 1999 and have been blindsided. I have 4 people on my plan and have always paid my ever increasing bill(I remember unlimited days).

When it was time to upgrade my line I was talked into edge. I like having the newest device so I bought. I had it a year and decided to edge up. At that same time another line said available early upgrade so I also upgraded that line(Was one month away from end of contract.) This 2nd line was a phone that was bought before edge. When the two new devices came in, I had one envelope and instructions to turn in the phone I edged up on. No where did anything say I had to turn in the phone that was bought before edge or we never would have edged up. I turned in the proper device and a month later get billed for the 2nd device. This is not fair or right. I was wronged and can not wait to get rid of verizon after all these years. I am beside myself and have been slapped in the face. I am not good on the phone so a family member called and pretended to be me to fix the issue. after hours on the phone and his high blood pressure through the roof and shaking he lost his cool. They said an envelope will be sent for the old device and money put on hold. Now today they shut me off a day after envelope came in and we called back with the tracking number. I can not get over how aweful I have been treated and want to tell the world. I will not let this rest and am so so so so so angry. How dare you do this. Outraged

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Being charged for old device I paid for. So mad

Sr. Leader

You upgraded before your contract is up. To allow that, you must send in your device on contract to fulfill the Early Edge agreement. you had not yet paid that device off and satisfy the contract.  When you bought it, you bought it at a highly subsidized price that Verizon had to front money for.  This is not anything new and a little research would have told you what it means to upgrade before the end of your contract.

Tracking number was sent to verizon yesterday. service still got shut off. I paid bill except for this amount. I feel it is very shady as it was not made clear. Please BTW these devices are bought at pennys on dollar by verizon. Price is so inflated it is sickening. I will never do this again that is for sure.

0 Likes

Sr. Leader

They are not bought pennies on the dollar by Verizon.  Apple, Samsung, and others do not give much, if any, discount for the new phones To Verizon.  Early upgrade is always a bad deal, you see that in this forum all the time. 

0 Likes