Highlighted

Being charged for a returned phone

SSAUNDERS

I purchased a phone for my son for Christmas, this was a third line on my account, he decided he didn't like it. I returned the phone to Verizon as per instructions within the "return window" I have the letter from Verizon stating that the phone was received and my account has been credited. However, I am STILL being charged for line access, VZ Navigator (which I did NOT select at all), the Total Equipment Coverage, and other charges which can't be explained. I have called and spoken with several different Verizon reps and no one has been able to explain to me why I am still being charged for a phone that Verizon has notified me of receipt. I have continued to make the same monthly payments that I had been making before purchasing the phone and my account is showing a balance owed. I am getting the text messages that says "pay your bill" and my bill has been paid! This is money that I do NOT owe!! The last lady I talked with last month said she could see what the issue was and had put an order through to give me a credit for the balance that was owed, and to correct it for future invoices. The credit seems to have been applied, however, the problem haw NOT been corrected. My bill this month now shows a balance remaining of over $76. This is pathetic customer service Verizon!! Why can't someone actually FIX this problem? I would appreciate if SOMEONE could actually correct this issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Being charged for a returned phone

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

It sounds like the phone was returned, but the added line was not cancelled, so you are still being billed for that line access.  When you talk to customer service, be sure they understand you want that third line CANCELLED and removed from your account.  That should stop the billing.

0 Likes

SSAUNDERS

I have let them know that I want the third line cancelled, every time I’ve talked to them. The billing hasn’t stopped.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

SSAUNDERS,

We never want you charged for a device that was returned to us and a line that should've been canceled. Your time is valuable and you've spent a lot of time attempting to get this resolved. I'm here to take lead and help. Please allow me the opportunity to put a fresh set of eyes and review everything to get this resolved immediately. Please check your inbox for a message from me.

KatrinaN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes