Highlighted

Being billed for phones i mailed back

I recently switched to the Verizon edge plan and as part of that I had to mail my old phones back. I mailed them back in the envelopes provided. A couple weeks later I started getting emails and texts telling me I needed to mail the phones back. I called immediately and was told that to wait a couple more days which I did. Again a week or too later I again received texts and emails telling me to return my phones and again I called in. This time I was told by the agent that they could see that my phones had been received and she would make a note on my account. I asked if everything was taken care of and was told yes and that I wouldn't receive anymore emails or texts about my phone. My next bill came out and everything looked fine so I assumed it was all taken care of. But then today I get an alert that my bill is ready and I view it and i'm being charged $299 for each phone I returned. Like before I called in and again the agent I spoke to said she could confirm that Verizon has received my old phones and she would put notes on my account but for some reason she couldn't put a credit on my account. Something about the accounting department not being available and that I would need to call in again tomorrow. I've cancelled my auto draft just to make sure Verizon can't try to draft my account for almost $600 than they are supposed to. I'm wondering if this is just a big problem lots of people are having and has Verizon been quick about correcting the problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Being billed for phones i mailed back

Leader

It's a very popular problem and Verizon occasionally corrects it in a timely manner and other times not. They have been saying next billing cycle, or 2-3. HOPEFULLY you're one of the lucky ones and it drops off by the time you get your next bill.

0 Likes

Re: Being billed for phones i mailed back

Good luck. I'm dealing with the EXACT same issue with them and have hit nothing but brick walls. It's absolutely scary how many people have dealt with this issue from them. If you use Google and adjust the time stamp in the search tool, it shows there are many, many people Verizon has never fixed this problem for. Instead, they took the customers to collections. For your sake and mine, I hope both of our issues are resolved, but I'm not holding my breath. I've sent all of my information to a lawyer to seek advice as to what I should do, because there's no way I'm coughing up my hard-earned money for something that is Verizon's mistake.

0 Likes
Covid19