Highlighted

Being a loyal customer gets you penalized at Verizon

I have been a loyal Verizon customer for over 25 years.  Currently have 4 lines, plus a tablet.  I went to upgrade my son's phone.  It shows as FREE to new customers, but existing customers have to pay $400 over 2 years.  Called Verizon and they told me that if I want to phone for free, I would have to cancel my son's existing phone line, and apply for a new line, that way I could get the phone for free, and if I did that, my son's phone number would change.   I spoke to the customer loyalty department and they told me the same thing.  No options available.

To me that is absurd - why not send him to AT&T, pay $1 a month for the phone and pay less for the data plan.  AND he gets to keep his existing phone number. 

I find it insulting that Verizon treats their loyal customers this way.  Seems that the company has forgotten how important customer satisfaction and loyalty is.   

Highlighted

Re: Being a loyal customer gets you penalized at Verizon

Customer Support

Your loyalty means the world to us, and we would like to check what we have available for your son's line. Please respond to the Private Note we will be sending you, so we can take a closer look.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Please send me the information you referenced.

Thank you

Anthony **************

0 Likes
Highlighted

I responded to the private note yesterday, but have not heard anything.  Surprised?  I don't think so.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Do you get free groceries for shopping at Walmart? Free TV for giving Best Buy money? People pay a bill for service and think they're entitled to free phones. Those "free phones" aren't even free. You can't upgrade early because you're commited to that phone for 2 years to get monthly credits on it. If your new carrier is awful, too bad you're stuck now.

I have a plan new customers can't get and pay for my own phones. You couldn't get me to use a phone full of Verizon bloatware if you paid me.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Let’s check all options together for your son’s phone line.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

0 Likes