Highlighted

Re: Bad service

So I read that Verizon Customer service explained that: “they know how important it is to have great service where we need it most, and ... bla bla bla...”  They need to answer to this question, which is: ¿Why does Verizon raise the bars if cannot reach to maintain them?.

I used to have AT&T and didn’t fail me WHEN I needed it,  so the answer is not where, but when. I switched because fame, but now I see that you covered the whole country on red, “good coverage”, but your service is like making hundreds of customers drink from the same bucket of water, and that is more real. I will patent this expression: Verizon: your signal of four (4) bars, is like having a big pipe for your house, but not water is coming through. And that is how I see it.

So stop promising, and start by fixing the problem, and giving to your customers what you offered them. Is bad now for being the most expensive carrier on the market.  Thanks and great year to all.

0 Likes

Novice

You're only going to get an insincere looking scripted response. No one that posts here repping Verizon will have an answer to why services drop and that's fine because it's not their job to know that information.

Being upset with them is the equivalent of that one guy filming himself berating a Chick-fil-A employee doing her job because of opinions from the CEO.

No rep here of over the phone has anything to do with network congestion or number of towers deployed. This falls on Verizon as a corporation and those in charge of doing something to fix problems customers have been bringing up for years.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Good afternoon!

As always, our customer's feedback is greatly appreciated. We've noted your reference that you use to subscribe to AT&T's service and it didn't fail you WHEN you needed it. We thank you for having chosen Verizon as your wireless service provider and we certainly don't want you to regret that decision. We'd like very much to continue being your wireless service provider for many more years to come. As a valued customer, your service concerns are our concerns too and we take pride in having the most reliable network. We've also noted your reference to bars of signal strength. A signal bar is an indication of how far away a cell tower is that you are connected to. There are many factors that are involved that would determine the tower you are on, including the line of sight, distance, mobile traffic, and even the time of day. We're also aware of how important it is to provide our customers with the best plans, network service coverage, and keeping costs down. We're always available to address our customer's concerns. Let's work together to address and resolve your account's service issues. Can you tell us more about which of your services is being affected? (e.g. calls, texting, web browsing, etc.) How long has this been happening? Are you experiencing service issues while indoors, outdoors, or both? - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Dear RobertC,

Verizon is for sure a great company, which has been on the business for many years, growing everyday, and going for more. The reason I moved out from AT&T, was because dropping calls.  For sure swapping to Verizon as wireless provider, I imagined this wouldn’t happen because of coverage and reliability, but reliable network means that if I have at least 2 bar of signal, then I should be able to do a few things right?, but you got to see all my 4 lines stuck trying to send a single message with these 2 bars of signal strength, sometimes even 3 or 4 bars; and don’t even talk about needing data for browsing or anything else. This service issues has been happening while indoors and outdoors and since I started with Verizon, and can’t blame the phones because all are new iPhones, I even ended up changing plans to remove all your “5Gs” ideas thinking it would be that phones are stuck trying to decide between 4G or 5G. But not, same lame thing.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have the same problem. Verizon service is the worst. They always ask which cross streets the signal drops off on, But I think a better question would be when has your Verizon service actually worked. For me at least, the service is always horrible but one day it worked good in a certain spot near the outlet malls and one time I had good service at the beach. Everywhere else I have been, I have had horrible service. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Bad service

I have had Verizon for almost 15 years and lived on the same street the entire time.  For the last 6-8 months our service has been terrible.  I cannot hear anyone on the phone, nor can they hear me.  Calls dropped all the time, calls missed.  It's beginning to affect my job as well, since I work from home, and it's embarrassing when I have to keep asking the person on the other line "what did you say" " can you repeat yourself".    It's not just my house, my parents live 5 houses down and have the exact same problem.  Again, we have had the same service for at least 15 years, and have never had an issue.  I am to the point, I may have to switch providers for the amount of money I am paying monthly and the horrible service in my home, where it always worked fine before.   

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Katrinasoks, we regret to learn of this impact to your service and that's it's affecting your work while at home. We'll be more than willing to address this via all the avenues we have available. Do you have home Wi-Fi at your residence? Is there an intersection and city you can provide? 

Please note that indoor coverage isn't something we can guarantee in this case even if it's worked in the past. There are always changes that impact our network, some are controllable and others may not be. This can include cell site changes, foliage, construction, population changes, and interference.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have been with Verizon a little over a year and the service has been unbelievably cruddy. Yes I have also talked to there's support people many many times and there's no resolution available. I believe they've just overloaded the network and their only solution is to slow everybody down. I actually get 150k to 200k download speeds on many days and that's simply I get sick unacceptable when I'm paying for the unlimited unlimited stupid plan. I'm going to pay off the obligation I have for the phone I bought and then switch to AT&T I'm just simply tired of getting the runaround from these people.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

That is definitely not the experience we want you to have. We strive to provide you with reliable service and a stellar experience. Let us help, please tell us, are you experiencing issues indoors or outdoors? Do you know if other Verizon users are having problems in the same area?

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes