BYOD Rebate scam not being honored since September 2020

I have been trying to get this solved  the last 4 months. Nothing has ever been solved. They say to contact them privately then nobody gets back to me. I've dealt with hours on the phone, on hold, online chat etc. Being told it was being fixed and expedited. Contact the rebate people, contact customer service, it's being dealt with we will get back to you. We don't want you to have to wait on hold anymore. Then nothing..... You contact them again and they want to all the info all over again even though it's been documented. No one in the company can just fix a problem they just pass you around and drop the ball. I've been promised it would be fixed. Don't tell me to check the rebate center they don't show it. It was an internal problem that was being fixed and then it never gets fixed. I have been with Verizon for 15 years. They take your money and don't solve anything. I use to be able to count on Verizon to solve problems and be helpful not anymore. I've spent 4 months trying to get this solved. Just promises to fix things that never get fixed.

0 Likes

Re: BYOD Rebate scam not being honored since September 2020

Customer Support

kkw2, we understand the importance of getting the promotions you qualify for. September 2020, is quite a long time ago. Can you please clarify what the promotion entailed? Did this promotion require a code to registered via the Rebate Center website?

-Joshua

0 Likes

I have explained this 50 times. The rebate was BYOD300UNL. Something got messed up on Verizon's end. This has been a debacle from start to finish. I've been a customer for 15 years and I have 9 devices on my account. The 9th was added in September when I encouraged my son-in-law to join my plan and he brought over his own device from AT&T. The Verizon store was very unhelpful when we tried to get a new sim card. There was a mix up and the employee just wanted to leave.  I had been checking on my rebate (which was the main reason I encouraged my son-in -law to move to my account) and it would say check back it's processing. Well low and behold the date expired and no rebate. Several hours on hold, talking to live people, talking to virtual people, talking to customer service, talking to rebate center, talking to customer service. The whole time I was reassured it was being handled, expedited, manually overridden getting fixed. After 5 hours on the phone one Sunday I was told it was being handled by a supervisor and they didn't want me to stay on hold any longer. I was assured I would get a phone call or email.  Of course, neither one ever happened. When I called back to check again the answer I was given was that he could email the person who was supposed to get back to me but that was it. So, of course nothing again. I use to like Verizon and have had no issues with my account or services until now. I would recommend Verizon to people. Not now. I have been passed on like a bad cold. I pay over $500 a month for my service on 9 devices. Now I'm looking to move to another carrier and If I have to do it a few at time I will until all phones are paid off and I can move all of them. Every response I get on this forum is the same. I'm so sorry, this must be so frustrating. Can you tell me what happened. Then I tell them then they say they will look into it. Then I get an idiotic response that says "Did you contact the rebate center? with a link.......If they had actually listed to me or read over the notes on my account they would see that of course I contacted them. They told me customer service had to do the override. The problem at Verizon is that no one ever solves the problem. Everyone just makes promises and passes it on. Simple answer here give me a $300 credit on my account. Problem solved and maybe you keep a 15 year customer by doing the right thing,

0 Likes

Customer Support

Hello, we do not want to see you go. Let us further investigate this for you. Please send us a Private Note, we are here to help in any way that we can.

0 Likes