Highlighted

BOGO only for new customers or add a line I don't need

raylee2626

20 Years with Verizon and the promotions are primarily for new customers??

What the loyalists??

Sprint will drop my monthly charges by 25% and that includes 2 new S8s?

I hate yo leave Verizon but why should I not when they don't seem to care about my 20 years of loyalty?

In 24 months I should save about $1000 I don't know

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)

Re: BOGO only for new customers or add a line I don't need

lukevinyl

They sometimes do promotions for upgrades, they sometimes do promotions for new lines. Sometimes the promotions are for either....

It has nothing to do with loyalty, as promotions vary and come down to timing... I'd say overall the promotions are roughly 50/50 with some requiring a port in and others requiring an upgrade with trade in but they do change all the time....

I know personally I would never switch carriers just because I didn't qualify for a specific promotion. If I was doing that, I feel like it would just be a non-stop game of switching from carrier to carrier chasing promotions that likely would be available if I waited for another similar promotion.

It's up to you-- if you want to switch to Sprint for the savings-- go for it! I just wouldn't recommend switching to an inferior carrier (not only inferior, but the lowest ranked wireless provider overall) for promotional pricing on a device....

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Why should you not leave ANY provider to go to Sprint? First thing which comes to mind is that they are by far the worst provider available.

Paying 25% less for more than 25% less service doesn't sound like such a great bargain.

0 Likes

joey2007ua64
Novice

raylee2626 wrote:

20 Years with Verizon and the promotions are primarily for new customers??

A little over 10 years with Verizon and I've never had a problem finding deals.   Over the 2016 holiday season I upgraded 2 lines with $10/month promotions that were available to existing customers.  Then over Memorial Day weekend 2017 I upgraded 2 more lines through Best Buy with $5.99/month promotions that were available to existing customers.  The retail cost of those 4 phones totaled $1,968, but over the 2 year agreements I'll pay only $768.  Just last week Best Buy offered a $250 discount on the S8+ and the Pixel 2 XL when purchased with Verizon device payment agreements.

raylee2626 wrote:

Any suggestions?

https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Guides/sprint-lease-everything-you-need-to-know

Make sure you understand how their lease agreements work.  If you don't buyout your phone at the end of the 18 month lease you could end up paying more than the retail cost of the phone without owning the device.

raylee2626 wrote:

In 24 months I should save about $1000

My Verizon monthly payment with 4 device payment agreements and Unlimited is $211.98 ($180 service and $31.98 device agreements).

In 24 months I'll pay $5,087.52.

If I switched to Sprint I would need 4 new phones.

Sprint Unlimited with the 50% off 18 month flex lease agreement on S8 phones (New lines only deal).

First 12 months $162.50 ($100 service and $62.50 lease agreements)

Now the new customer service discount ends.

Next 6 months $222.50 ($160 service and $62.50 lease agreements)

Now I have the option to pay $187.50 for each phone to own them or continue paying the full price on month-to-month leases indefinitely.

If I choose to continue the lease

Next 6 months $285 ($160 service and $125 month-to-month lease agreements)

Over 24 months I'll pay $4,995.

If I chose to own the phones

Month 19 payment is $910 ($160 and $750 lease buyouts)

Next 5 months $160

Over 24 months will pay $4,995.

So over 24 months I would save only $92.52 (1.8%).  Definitely not worth the coverage disparity.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

The last thing we want to see happen is to lose you raylee2626. We appreciate your loyalty. Thank you community members for your feedback. Raylee please reply to our private message and we can review your account together.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

astonmeow

That's just lip service. I just spent 30 mins chatting with 2 Verizon reps -- no iPhone BOGO unless I get a new line, which I don't need. Only way to get a BOGO deal is to switch carriers.

0 Likes

lukevinyl

Did you read any of the previous posts/responses?!?!

This was literally just covered.....

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

astonmeow

We would be devastated to lose your loyalty over a promotion. I will be sending you a private message so that we can access your account to see what options we have to keep you in the family and get new devices. 

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

TAHOEXC

I also have 3 lines already and pay for the top unlimited plans and have never received a discount from Verizon so I hope that I can finally participate in the iPhone BOGO offer.  I’ve verified that ATT is ready to offer me $1000 in installment credits if I switch but my preference would be to remain with Verizon if I can work something out.

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

The current iPhone BOGO offer requires at least 1 new line of service. If you are unwilling to open a new line of service, you should go ahead and make the switch if the iPhone BOGO is what you want.

0 Likes