BOGO is total scam

Kate17

BOGO is a total scam. I’ve been a customer for 20 years. I am going to switch carriers and contact the Better Business Bureau. I would recommend everyone else do the same. 

Re: BOGO is total scam

Weth
Sr. Leader

Did you start a new line?

0 Likes

Kate17

Yes

0 Likes

Sunshine-07

Which phones did you purchase and how long ago? Did you choose monthly payments?

Most Bogo promotions require at least one new line, both phones to be purchased on monthly payments and some require an unlimited plan. 

Also, the credits for the 2nd, free phone can take up to 3 bill cycles to appear. 

0 Likes

glitchedpixel

You didn't mention *how* it's a scam.

BOGO deals have always required a new line and 1-3 billing cycles to have credits show up.

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

If you follow the requirements, you get the credits.   

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, Kate17. We are very sorry to hear how you feel about our Buy One Get One promotion. We do appreciate you as a customer and it would sadden us to see you go because of this concern. We will be happy to assist you with any concerns that you have. What is the reason for feeling this way about this promotion? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes

Kate17

Got new phones in September of 2018 including a new line to receive the promotion. Transaction completed in a Verizon store. Sales rep assured me I will receive a monthly credit for my BOGO; monthly credit has never appeared despite monthly contact to Verizon. Was told on Saturday I do not qualify for the promotion even though sales reps and all other reps have assured me I do qualify since I OPENED A NEW NUMBER. I've now made 10 payments towards a free phone. 

0 Likes

Kate17

Got a new line as instructed; transaction completed at a Verizon store. Sales rep explained I would receive a credit for the BOGO phone. Credit never received. It has been a year and I have contacted Verizon every month for a year with no resolution.

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@Kate17 wrote:

Got new phones in September of 2018 including a new line to receive the promotion. Transaction completed in a Verizon store. Sales rep assured me I will receive a monthly credit for my BOGO; monthly credit has never appeared despite monthly contact to Verizon. Was told on Saturday I do not qualify for the promotion even though sales reps and all other reps have assured me I do qualify since I OPENED A NEW NUMBER. I've now made 10 payments towards a free phone. 

Adding a new line is one requirement, not the only requirement.  

You had to add a totally new line to Verizon.  So port from a competing carrier or brand new.

You had to buy two qualifying phones - same brand.

You had to use installments for both phones.  The Get One on the new line.

0 Likes