BOGO deal was not a deal

chkim14cell

I upgraded my phone on 4/22 with adding a new line.

The sales person said I did not need to change plan and the credit of about $30 (for the price of S10e) would be on my bill in 2-3 billing cycles.   Until last week which is about 4 months after purchasing, I did not get anything. So I chatted with verizon on line and notified that I did need to change the plan to unlimited.  To fix this, I was advised to visit the store and talk to the manager.

I met the store manager and he offered only $100 one time credit. This is huge difference from BOGO.  I am good with current plan, and if the plan changes to unlimited, I have to pay almost $100 more every month even with the $30 credit.  I would not have upgraded, if I was told. 

This is almost like scam.  Sales person did not change the plan at the time of purchase. She did not change my plan but sold 2 phones and just said 'wait.'  The store would not accept the return of 2 phones either.

I want to keep my plan.  If there is anything to fix this including returning 2 phones, credit of $30/month or anything, I would accept it.  Thanks.

Tags (2)

Re: BOGO deal was not a deal

TC12

Same thing happened to me. I purchased 5/2/19 and am fighting with Verizon now. seems to be a pattern here, Verizon is clearly operating fraudently!

Gslope3100

I am starting to feel as though Verizon is scamming me at EVERY turn.  I just spent almost an hour waiting to speak to someone about the $450 trade in I was promised when I preordered the Galaxy Note 10+ 5G.  NO WHERE ON THE SITE can you find any information about turning the phone in.  The rep I got sent me a link, the only means of turning the phone in, and they want to give me $275 for the phone I just paid them $541 for after paying over $500 during the course of a year.  

There was no mistake, I informed them what type of phone I had and the pristine condition the phone is in.  I was quoted $450, now I have been lied to after my purchase of the new phone.  I can't stand doing business with an unscrupulous company.  I may be done with VerLieZon.

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@Gslope3100 wrote:

I am starting to feel as though Verizon is scamming me at EVERY turn.  I just spent almost an hour waiting to speak to someone about the $450 trade in I was promised when I preordered the Galaxy Note 10+ 5G.  NO WHERE ON THE SITE can you find any information about turning the phone in.  The rep I got sent me a link, the only means of turning the phone in, and they want to give me $275 for the phone I just paid them $541 for after paying over $500 during the course of a year.  

There was no mistake, I informed them what type of phone I had and the pristine condition the phone is in.  I was quoted $450, now I have been lied to after my purchase of the new phone.  I can't stand doing business with an unscrupulous company.  I may be done with VerLieZon.

Did you read the offer?  They are published online for anyone to read.  

The $450 trade in offer requires a new line.  You indicate youre an existing customer.   As a sample readthis one:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/apple-iphone-xr/?sku=sku3190243

0 Likes