BOGO SCAM????

beccandaf

Ok, so when you get a BOGO, by adding a new line, like we did... and I just don't want to pay the payments through out 24 months anymore... I wanted just pay in full, not moving the services to a different carrier, not changing anything in my plan, just paying the full remaining balance on the device... I SHOULD THEN PAY OFF BOTH DEVICES? Even thought was BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE? 

I really get it if you would move your lines away, but we are not doing that... and they still charged me full pay off price for both devices???

This BOGO is a complete scam, extremely disappointed, will have to look for a different carrier even after 16 years with Verizon.

Highlighted

Re: BOGO SCAM????

Ann154
Expert

The terms is for bill credits over 24 months with the same purchase agreement to be billed over 24 months. If you pay off the balance of the  agreement, you no longer qualify for the  credits and forfeit any unapplied credits.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

boringusername

It's not a scam it says right there you hav to pay over 24 months or you lose the bill credits. How do they know that if you paid off all at one you won't move to a different carrier? Also the free line wouldn't even have payment because you get a bill credit equalling the payment. If you're not moving the line it shouldn't matter then. As far as the line that has a payment you could have put a downpayment for all but $1 and your device payment would be 4 cents a month

Community Manager
Community Manager

We definitely don't want you to feel this way regarding our "buy one, get one" promotions. We would never want you to leave, especially after 16 years with us, beccandaf. As Ann154 and boringusername have correctly pointed out, the promotional credits are applied over the course of the 24 device payment agreement payments and are forfeited if the line is disconnected or the device payment agreement is transferred to another account. The good news is that your device payment agreement payments are free of interest or finance charges and so there is no incentive to pay it off the balance early. This form of credits is common within the industry and allows us to provide extra value for our customers. Does this help clarify?

0 Likes

cc27

So if you are planning on staying with Verizon for 24 months, and you don't pay off the phones early, then do you actually get one phone free?  There is so much negative chatter on the internet I'm afraid to try this.  I want to understand the details.

Let's say we do it - BOGO.  We make the monthly payments for 24 months.  After the 24th month, do we owe anything? On either phone?  Are we required to do anything?

And for that instant savings of $300 - I want to understand that one as well.  

0 Likes

glitchedpixel

Buy phone: Can be paid in full after 6 bill cycles.

Get phone: must stay in a payment plan for the full 24 months if you want the credits offsetting the price. Buying out early gives up those credits going forward.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

I want to make sure that you have answers to your questions. Are you a current Verizon Customer? Which BOGO offer are you asking about today? The premise of most BOGO offers we offer are as follows: when you obtain one device paid for on our device payment program, you will receive the second device free by getting a bill credit each month. Both devices will show a monthly payment amount and the second (free) device will be issued a credit for what would have been the monthly payment. The terms do state that the first device needs to remain on the payment program and the second (free) device line cannot be terminated. Does that answer your question?

NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes

Re: BOGO SCAM???? I had the same problem today

bigriskey007

i have the same problem i paid my phone off the first billing and then they started charging me for the free one , which no one coud explain so they started giving me credits , then that stoped so i called and they said with me paying for my line it canceled the promotion but they cant show me anywhere where it says that i even had to show them the terms and conditions were it doesn't say that , so they say it comes up as a warning when you do it online , but yet can not show this , ive been with verizon for over 20 years but will be changing soon.........

0 Likes

Re: BOGO SCAM???? I had the same problem today

Community Manager
Community Manager

bigriskey007,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened with your BOGO deal. This isn't the experience we want you to have with us and we don't want this to be the reason you think about leaving us. I'm determined to turn this around for you and restore your faith in us. Let's take a closer look at this. I have sent you a Private Message and I'll be able to further assist you there.

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes