Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
BOGO IPhone 12, how to for existing customer who doesn’t need a new line?
Jarod09942

We have 3 current phones on Unlimited plan. I want to get the BOGO deal without having 5 lines on my account. 
Could I cancel two lines, add the IPhone 12 Pro and get the offer for the other one? 
Really wish they had deals for existing customers, because we’ve been with them for 15+ years and never had a good deal. 

0 Likes
Re: BOGO IPhone 12, how to for existing customer who doesn’t need a new line?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Your 15 year loyalty means the world to us! We certainly understand wanting to receive the best value for your money. Keep in mind you can view all our current promotions here: https://www.verizon.com/deals/ With the holidays coming up, I'm sure we will have more deals for you to choose from very soon. Also, don't forget to take advantage of our Trade-in program:https://www.verizonwireless.com/promos/device-trade-in/ Let us know if this helps, please.

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
Cgarcia0490

So does that mean that existing customers have no way of getting the bogo offer even if both lines have upgrades available? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It's true that a new line is required to take advantage of the offer, but both new and existing customers can participate in the promotion. If you were to upgrade an existing line, and add a new line, the second iPhone would qualify for the promotion. In addition, though the new line would need to remain active for the promotion to continue, the device can be moved to another line on the account. In many cases, customers find a use for an additional line of service, and the promotion outweighs the cost of the new line. I hope that information is helpful.

Jarod09942

Okay, so could I add a new line and upgrade a current line, then cancel an old line? 
that way I can be at 3 lines again. 

Or would that void the promotion? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You can absolutely add a line and upgrade one of your current lines, then remove a line that wasn't involved in the promotion. To keep the number of lines on your account down. Is this information helpful? MoniqueH_VZW  

0 Likes
Tigerstep

You can. It's called false churn and looked down upon, but not like Verizon can do anything about it.

I suggest you port those numbers to Google Voice so it disconnects the line instead of making a rep do it. You get to keep your number this way and not hurt someone's stats for trying to cheat the system.

@Tigerstep Re: BOGO IPhone 12, how to for existing customer who doesn’t need a new line?
No4of8

@Tigerstep Can you please elaborate on this point? Like, step by step?

0 Likes