Highlighted

BITCOIN Data being used by outside source

espike1966

My data usage is so low every month that I was thinking of dropping down to just 1 GB?  but now it's up to 5 this month.  I have been getting strange calls from East Europe...AND when i look at the data usage,  it shows hits at 12:30 AM then 12:30pm then 6am then 6pm  for the last 3 days.    How can I stop someone from hacking into my Data?   I believe its being used for Bitcoin

0 Likes

Re: BITCOIN Data being used by outside source

glitchedpixel
Novice

Do you even know how Bitcoin works? It has nothing to do with data usage.

0 Likes

Customer Service Rep

Espike1966, I'm glad you called about your data usage today. Let's see what we can find out. I can understand where you're coming from. Data usage can certainly add up quickly and cause unneeded stress. First, I’ll check for any changes or issues that may have impacted your usage. It's not unusual to see an increase like this, even if you're not doing anything differently. The content used these days is more data-rich than it's ever been. And data transfers so quickly, even high-definition media transfers quickly. It's easy to use a lot of data. With what you have described, this sounds like a common data occurrence. We wanted to elaborate on this. Data sessions are 6-hour sessions at times and this doesn’t mean data was used for that whole time. This is a data session. Additionally, timestamps in the middle of the night, when your device is not being physically used is most likely indirect usage (automatic updates). Does this information help to explain why you are getting these data sessions?

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes

boringusername

The times are when the data useage is reported from the tower to Verizon not when it's used.

Also if you downlaoded a shady app that mines botcoin using your phones that's on you. Stop downloading shady apps. It would also be a very inneficent way to mine botcoin.

So how can you drop to 1 GB? There is no 1 GB postpaid plan.

0 Likes