Highlighted

BILLING ERROR

ROSE23

Each month I pay my Verizon bill via my checking account.  Verizon never posted my payment, but they did post that my bill was paid by a MasterCard that I do not have.  After 4 phone calls to customer service I can not get this resolved.  My bank confirmed that payment cleared with Verizon, but Verizon has no record of it?  AND how did a strange credit card get applied to my account.

I asked to talk to someone at an elevated level, but no success.

Re: BILLING ERROR

WaltD1

I have had the same problem. I always pay my bill early out of my checking account. On October 12, 2019 there was a payment posted on my account for $120.00 using a Master Card with an ending number that does not belong to me. I contacted Verizon Support and brought this to their attention. Verizon assured me that they had my account straightened out and thanked me for being honest. I check all of my accounts daily and low and behold the $120.00 was removed, but my account was just about $10.00 higher. Again I contacted Verizon Support and talked to another Verizon Support person explaining my problem. They checked my account and agreed there was a mistake and credited me the overcharge that occured after my account was repaired due to the mysterious Master Card charge and sent me an email showing what my future payments would be. Again....I thought my account was straightened out. But wait! I received an email saying my account was "PAST DUE" because of a Credit Card Return and that I owed $120.00 to make my account up to date. Now I have recelved an email that my account is overdue and I owe about $119.00. The last time we talked with a Verizon Support expert she was going to have accounting do an audit on my account. The only time I have used a credit card was in a Verizon Store when I was opening an account or purchasing a phone or accessories. If they simply look a my account they would see I only pay my account on time and only use my checking account. NO MASTER CARD! Especially one that I do not own. They are supposed to call us back, but at this point I am beginning to doubt it. My credit score means a lot to me and I do not like being put through this especially after I was trying to be honest to Verizon, someone who paid the $120.00 and myself.

0 Likes

WaltD1

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Making sure all payments on your account are posted correctly is crucial.  Four calls is far too many for this to get resolved.  We are going to get to the bottom of this and how the credit card appeared.  Is there a phone number that we can contact you at for further assistance?

SeanC_VZW

Is there a way my number will not be posted?

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

@WaltD1 wrote:

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Making sure all payments on your account are posted correctly is crucial.  Four calls is far too many for this to get resolved.  We are going to get to the bottom of this and how the credit card appeared.  Is there a phone number that we can contact you at for further assistance?

SeanC_VZW

Is there a way my number will not be posted?

You shouldn't post your phone number or any other personal information on this public forum. I don't know why the VZW rep asked that question the way they did. That question should have waited until the rep offered to send a private message through the forum to the customer. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

WaltD1, thank you so much for your honesty in trying to correct a mistake you did not make. You also did not have to let us know this was not your card that was used. This is the true definition of integrity. 

However, I also understand that the way it is being handled on our end, is a lot disturbing. I'm sorry that it was not only not actually corrected, but that you were charged additional fees. 

I sent you a Private Message to better assist you. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, please reply to the private note that we sent you. Don't post any personal information via this public forum. We'll be waiting for your reply.  

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes