Highlighted

Autopay discount

Hi, I just switched over to verizon from sprint for my family of 5. I signed up for autopay with credit card/paperless billing the day after the account was formed. I looked at the first bill and the projected bill for next month and there is no autopay discount of 5 dollars per line. When does this go into effect?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Autopay discount

tk3765
Novice

It usually takes a few billing cycles for everything to kick in, but, Verizon will eventually credit it all back.  If it still isn't working after two cycles, best bet is to call customer support; don't use the chat or e-mail..calling tends to get better results.

0 Likes
Highlighted

boringusername

Can't use a credit card has to be a checking account or debit card

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

silversurfer48, Welcome to the Verizon family. I can totally understand the concern if you signed up for your paperless billing and AutoPay discount and it is not reflecting on your bill. I am here to get you all the information you need and get to the bottom of this issue for you. Thank you, tk3765 and boringusername the information you provided is correct. The discount can take up to 2 bill cycles to start, and you have to use either a debit card or checking account for the discount to apply to your plan. You also have to be on one of our Unlimited Plans. What plan are you currently on? Are you set up with a credit card, debit card, or checking account for your AutoPay?

Santo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

janisg1

I went through the process to set up autopay to get the discount.  NOWHERE does it say you have to use a debit card or checking account.  When you start the autopay set up it says "you'll save $5/mo on your bill and help the environment" then never mentions it again.  Then when I tested further and turned off the CREDIT CARD autopay, it says "this means that your bills will be $5 higher..."  I finally found a LONG article on the Verizon site that mentions this...4 words buried in  bullet #11.   GRRRRRRR  Bait and switch?  Bad documentation?  Bad online instructions?  I have the screen prints if you need proof, Verizon Customer Service.

0 Likes
Highlighted

janisg1

....and i can't find that it says  that anywhere but deeply buried in a long article on Verizon site.

0 Likes
Highlighted

janisg1

actually when calling in...they can't help you. They told me to provide feedback online.  If this is the way it is...so be it...but they need to say that upfront.  How many people set up autopay thinking they'll get the discount and don't catch it for 2 or 3 cycles when it DOESN"T show up?  I only switched plans and did autopay for the savings....which I don't really get unless i attach to my checking account/debit card.  Long time VZN customer and not a happy camper at the moment.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

Item number 11 in Auto Pay FAQs | Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

janisg1, we appreciate your long term loyalty, and we are glad to see that you are taking advantage of our Auto Pay feature. I want to ensure that you have the correct information to qualify for the Auto Pay discount. As Ann154 has shared in the Auto Pay FAQ (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/#discount), the Auto Pay discount requires a debit card or bank account to qualify. Let us know if this helps to clear things up.

LorenzoP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

How else could it possibly work ?

wesnsteph

As a Verizon user.. NOT an employee... (why would I want to take calls from disgruntled users ALL DAY LONG??) Anyway.... If you are set up for "autopay"  how else could it POSSIBLY work to have it automatically paid EXCEPT by debit, credit, or bank account?? I mean... it is automatic.. meaning they withdraw it from you?? I COMPLETELY agree with the chat.. USELESS and CLUELESS and inaccurate on the information.. Calling in may take a bit to get connected.. (or a reallllyyyy long time).. But once connected, they are super helpful, friendly, and get your issues resolved in a timely manner. If you are ever in Arkansas DO NOT GO to the Verizon Store on University... I saw the customers in front of me as well as myself treated like we were a nuisance, and NOTHING was resolved.. He actually laughed at me about the question, "What all does Start Unlimited provide? I never have a problem with store people... and frankly.. give them the benefit of the doubt assuming that maybe they have just had a rough day... and I try to be the customer that makes their day better... But ... that was not the case this time. 

0 Likes