Autopay account fails to make payment after account changed on UNLIMITED DATA PLAN

JEMAWOD

Auto pay feature fails to make payments without any logical reason:  About 7 months ago I changed my account using My Verizon webpage.  It has repeatedly failed to make a payment, resulting in over-charges and Verizon imposing a cash-only status for six months.  My bank - and Verizon - confirmed that account information was correct, and no one could account why this was occurring, but read on!  I believe this is more than a billing company or computer-generated glitch.  I have an unlimited data account that was started years ago, and I believe many of you who have these accounts may be having the same billing issue.  It is the prerogative of wireless carriers to now make huge profits by selling variable data plans from people needing more data bandwidth per month - in fact - it is projected that we will use 3000 GB/month by 2017!  New accounts cost way more than my month-to-month; they lose money on people like us.  I believe wireless carriers are trying every tactic they can to eject "unlimited data customers" from their plans.  Having a lapsed billing cycle is one way the contract can dissolve. 

I believe these repetitive mysterious auto-pay failures are very result of in-company tampering to disrupt service.  Unfortunately, Verizon did not know that I am a consumer advocate...I know, you are thinking they don't give a... who you are, they are powerful.  I have been taking on such companies, including the CEO's of large companies like ATT, USAA, etc. since 1998.  I have reported thousands of products, services and individuals on 10 global consumer websites in three languages during those years, and used federal and international agencies.  Law enforcement globally has often been used to arrest and convict many online criminals and even foreign pirates.  With a law-enforcement background, and in a family of four powerful attorneys, two judges and two law-enforcement agents - I have an edge on resources and knowledge even powerful companies do not have.  Yes, I am an expert in making life difficult, to impossible for many individuals who under-estimate me.   I wasn't about to have a cash-only punitive measure impounded on me, when I could legally verify from my bank; and from electronic forensics of the Verizon website that the bank information, including a consistent balance of $10 - 17k in that account. Verizon then requested a fax letter from my bank verify the account information so it could be used; just another tactic to harass me.  This type of request is a throwback from the 1980's before electronic communication.

This said, I am suspicious that this may be happening to many more customers than me.  If it is, I would like to hear about this.  Please post experience, and if you also have an unlimited data contract, so I can make an analysis of it.  If I am right, then our collective allegations can be used to generate appropriate complaints and investigations by agencies governing business conduct and licensing of wireless providers, to include possible class-action suits, as well as civil suits, regardless of what your contract states.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Autopay account fails to make payment after account changed on UNLIMITED DATA PLAN

Community Manager
Community Manager

JEMAWOD, there's no need to be suspicious. We want to make sure that all of your concerns are addressed. The cash only status on your account will not affect your option to keep the Unlimited data plan. Cash only status is prompted when two payments within a 6 month time period are returned by your financial institution. However, this status is removed after 6 months of good pay history. Did you verify the banking information that you provided when you set up Auto pay? Did you have a chance to contact your bank to verify why those payments were returned?

I hope that the information that I've provided is helpful to you.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Autopay account fails to make payment after account changed on UNLIMITED DATA PLAN

Not applicable

You do realize that the network can not handle it's customers using 300 GB a month each. Not even close.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

JEMAWOD, there's no need to be suspicious. We want to make sure that all of your concerns are addressed. The cash only status on your account will not affect your option to keep the Unlimited data plan. Cash only status is prompted when two payments within a 6 month time period are returned by your financial institution. However, this status is removed after 6 months of good pay history. Did you verify the banking information that you provided when you set up Auto pay? Did you have a chance to contact your bank to verify why those payments were returned?

I hope that the information that I've provided is helpful to you.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

zellerandy

exactly rite. I dont understand why people think they are entitled to unlimted data.  It would be insane for everyone to have.  people dont udnerstand unlimted data came about when people didnt live on there phones and on the internet so it was possible.  You can get a cell phone from verizon for 40 bucks unlimted talk and unlimted text.  but no people need internet.   Verizon doesnt limit data, so you still have unlimted data no matter what plan your on, its just going to cost if you use alot

0 Likes