Autopay Discount with Credit Card?

I just swapped to the Unlimited Plan for 3 lines.  If I set AutoPay up with a Credit Card, will this get me the $10 discount?  The fine print says Checking Account or Debit Card.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Autopay Discount with Credit Card?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thundr, we never want there to be any confusion on any discount. We are here to help clarify that offer. At this time to qualify for that monthly discount on the new plan, the Auto Pay Option must be set up with either a Checking Account or Debit Card. If you are set up with a Credit Card for the Auto Pay Option, then you would not get that credit towards the plan cost.

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Novice

Wow, good catch. That has to be a mistake, but we'll see.

Screenshot_20170213-094223.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thundr, we never want there to be any confusion on any discount. We are here to help clarify that offer. At this time to qualify for that monthly discount on the new plan, the Auto Pay Option must be set up with either a Checking Account or Debit Card. If you are set up with a Credit Card for the Auto Pay Option, then you would not get that credit towards the plan cost.

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Why does it have to be a mistake? We've seen this before from gas stations that apply "discounts" for cash, and direct pay customers. Don't think of it as a discount, but merely a credit card surcharge, because that's effectively what this is. They found a way to bite visa/amex back and make it legal.

0 Likes
Highlighted

The only problem for me is that I do not desire to have my direct money accounts tied to a service provider.

i experienced having my Verizon account hacked and 2 iPhone 6's ordered and sent to Florida.

this done regardless that my address is in California and have never ordered phones through Verizon.

Had I not had auto paid to my American Express I would have depleted almost a grand from my checking account.

i currently pay online but only monthly each time that way I see everything.

Unless I can limit auto paymeant to usage billing only and not site purchases I will pass.

Highlighted

You need to fix this in the account overview section. Because I have autopay set-up with a credit card and on my account overview page it shows the next payment will be made with autopay and $10 discount and even displays a green check mark. (See screenshot.) 20170221 Autopay Cropped Screenshot.png

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

You should have waited to see what happens FIRST before bringing it to Verizon's attention. Maybe you would have still gotten the discount but now they know there may be a glitch.

Highlighted

I switched to unlimited via phone and the only caveat was AutoPay.   No debit nor bank account mentioned as a qualification. Checked my next bill and saw that the discount wasn’t applied. I can’t go back to my old plan and am now STUCK. Terrible experience and feel very much backed into a corner.   In addition, if I do go to debit card or bank account (are you kidding about handing this over for a hacker to get at) I was told it would take 2 billing cycles to take affect.  Again, misleading advertising and NOT even in the too small to see print.  

Credit card AutoPay should qualify for the discount and if not $10 - maybe $8 discount. VZW would still make the same per line.  

Covid19