Highlighted

Automatic Payment - Extra Payment Made During Month

Novice

I have Automatic Payments scheduled on my account (2 lines).  If I was to pay an amount (for example $100) towards my monthly bill of about 160 (after $20 discount for 2 lines) will Verizon just take the remaining amount owing of $60 and still give me my discount of $20.

Or do I risk losing my 2-Line/Auto Pay discount because I made an extra payment during the month?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Automatic Payment - Extra Payment Made During Month

Customer Support

That's a great question. AutoPay will always take a payment on the scheduled day for the current account balance, so if you had paid $100 of the $160 bill, AutoPay would take out the remaining $60 to bring the account to zero. If AutoPay is not used over time such as when the account is already zero before the scheduled day, it may be automatically removed for lack of activity. This would also affect the discount, but AutoPay can be set up again anytime to fix that.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Thanks for your reply.  I'd like to clarify your answer because someone at Verizon Customer Support (on phone support) told me that if I paid down some/any amount prior to the due date of my payment,  I would NOT get my 2 line discount of $20 ($10 each line).   That did not make any sense to me which is why I raised the question here on this forum.

Are you 100% sure I'll still get my discount if I pay an amount prior to my due date?  Thanks again for replying to my question.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

You would still receive your discount as long as Automatic Payments remain on your account.