Auto-pay is optional, why Verizon charge if you don't want to select this option?

Recently I notices "Autopay Non-Compliance Charge" in my bill.  Apparently, Verizon introduced it a while ago, but those "charges" appeared in my bill just a couple of month ago. Which is pretty weird...

I had to contact support, and they removed it. They also told me I shouldn't have those charges, because auto-pay is optional, and I'll have a discount if I enroll.

They appeared again in my new bill!

Doesn't sound to me as an "option", more like a punishment for not using that "option"!

I don't want auto-pay for one simple reason: if somebody hacks Verizon, my checking account will be exposed, and hackers will take all money from it! Because, unlike credit card that is protected against fraud, checking account is NOT protected!  But Verizon doesn't allow auto-pay from credit card!

My family have been a loyal Verizon customers for over 15 years, but that charges make me think of leaving Verizon.

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Correct Answers

Re: Auto-pay is optional, why Verizon charge if you don't want to select this option?

Thank you Tiger for your prompt replay!

I rather think something wrong with Verizon, though. This is what my Manage You Payment Settings pages show me:

You’re not enrolled in Auto Pay yet.

But I have paper-free billing, probably that's why Verizon charges me?

As of credit card processing fee, Comcast gladly takes auto-payment from my credit card. Just like vast majority of businesses around the world... Sure, Verizon is poor and must count every penny... 😉  although they allow auto-pay from Verizon Visa credit card. I'm sure Visa takes fees for using that card as well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Auto-pay is optional, why Verizon charge if you don't want to select this option?

Hello,

Did you actually read my post, dear "Customer Service"? Looks like you didn't, which is sad.... Can you please do me a favor and actually read it!

All I need from you is to stop charging me for nothing!

I'm ok without your "discount", thank you. I just do not want to expose my checking account for online payment! I though I was clear enough about it.

Credit my account $30 back now, and apologize here for your "mistake". And promise it will never happen again.

0 Likes

Credit cards have processing fees. Verizon isn't going to give you discounts for autopaying with those because of that.

You get a non compliance fee not because you're not doing autopay, but because you're enrolled and either not letting it draft on schedule, paying early with a credit card or de-enrolled in autopay. Verizon doesn't care if you aren't autopaying -- there is something up with your account.

0 Likes

Thank you Tiger for your prompt replay!

I rather think something wrong with Verizon, though. This is what my Manage You Payment Settings pages show me:

You’re not enrolled in Auto Pay yet.

But I have paper-free billing, probably that's why Verizon charges me?

As of credit card processing fee, Comcast gladly takes auto-payment from my credit card. Just like vast majority of businesses around the world... Sure, Verizon is poor and must count every penny... 😉  although they allow auto-pay from Verizon Visa credit card. I'm sure Visa takes fees for using that card as well.

0 Likes

Customer Support

CatNelson Getting a discount of any amount is helpful these days. Do you need help setting the auto pay and start saving each month?

0 Likes

Just my 2 cents but I agree with your security view lots of big name places in past few years alone had data breach etc. Seems to me this auto pay is a guarantee they get paid with maybe a few encounters during this covid deal most Proberly never have missed a payment in reply to ones response about a fee they encounter with certain card maybe true but don't many if not all places of business get that fee that take cards I.e grocery store, gas station. Online shopping for example think it's called cost of doing business

0 Likes

Hello,

Did you actually read my post, dear "Customer Service"? Looks like you didn't, which is sad.... Can you please do me a favor and actually read it!

All I need from you is to stop charging me for nothing!

I'm ok without your "discount", thank you. I just do not want to expose my checking account for online payment! I though I was clear enough about it.

Credit my account $30 back now, and apologize here for your "mistake". And promise it will never happen again.

0 Likes

"Comcast gladly takes auto-payment from my credit card."

Just wanted to correct my phrase. I meant to say ""Comcast gladly takes manual payment from my credit card."

0 Likes

Hey, Verizon guys, why this thread was marked as if it had a "solution"??? This is wrong.

You did not offer any solution at all.

You "Customer Service" told me they'd look at it and asked me to authorize, which I did. After that ... you asked me if I need help with auto-pay. It looks like a joke, not a "solution".

I'm still waiting for your feedback and resolution:

a) remove fees for nothing from my bill

b) apologize for charging your loyal customers for nothing

c) make sure it will not happen again

I hope you will do that soon.

0 Likes

Seems they reply with same question or scripted auto reply not noticed much if any solution or help in there reply You probably got the scripted authentication reply which I got a few times nothing further

0 Likes

Customer Support

Hello, we can look into your billing with you. Please send us a Private Note to continue.

0 Likes