Highlighted

Auto Pay Non-Compliance fee

I was charged an "Auto Pay Non-Compliance Fee" because I had pre-paid my account through my checking (not a credit card).  The autopay agreement says that I can pay one time payments at any time prior to the date of teh auto pay.  I'm not understanding why there is a fee for paying my account ahead of time.  The representative said that because I owed $0 on the date of my autopay, I was accessed the fee.  Again, the payment was not made by a credit card.  Is this a mistake, or will I be charged a fee for paying early?

Highlighted

Re: Auto Pay Non-Compliance fee

Customer Support

I understand your concern with any added fee, MSorosiak. Let's look into this together. I have sent you a Private Message, so we can better investigate. 

DerekR_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I also was charged a non compliance fee. I am still enrolled in autopay. I have always paid early when I get paid and keep the autopay on just in case. Cant find anything in the fine print about this fee!!!

Highlighted

I do the same! I pay it on payday but keep the auto-pay as a backup to, ironically, avoid the $10 late fee. But this month I got hit with a $50 (!!!) non-compliance fee. I assume $10/phone line as we have 5 lines (although we also have 2 iPads on our account). Since when do you want to punish customers for paying early?! 

I've been a Verizon customer for 20 years between my parents service & my own but this latest bit of insanity has me questioning my loyalty. 

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

I have never seen this "non compliance fee" on my account although I have paid my bill early many times in the past, although I have not done this recently.

I wonder if this is a new fee aimed at preventing people from paying their bill early with a credit card while having autopay set up with a checking account. This way, they were able to get the autopay/checking/debit discount on unlimited plans while STILL being able to pay their bill with a credit card.

I was actually doing that for well over a year before I got too lazy and stopped paying my bill early. Possibly next month I will pay my bill early to see if I get charged this fee.

Highlighted

I was charged $5 auto-pay non compliance fee. I do not have autopay from my back set up. Is Verizon penalizing all customers with charges for not having autopay set up.  In the agreement on your website it states that you provide a discount for autopay but it does not say that you charge for not having auto pay anywhere. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

I can understand your concerns regarding the AutoPay Discounts. When auto Pay is canceled during a billing period, the discount is removed and charged back for that current billing period. Going forward, you would not be receiving any AutoPay discount. Does that information make sense? AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

No. It does not make sense except Verizon is trying to control the behaviors of other human beings. Customers have received a service and are paying for it. The discount and removal of it is nonsensical and will chase some of us away.

Highlighted

Customer Support

Thank you so much for reaching out. We want to make sure that you have all the details for the auto-pay discount to be applied to the account. If you get the discount for Auto Pay and paper-free-billing and make a one-time bill payment with a credit card, you may lose your Auto Pay discount for that month. The removed discount will appear as a charge on your bill. For this information check out this link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/ the second bullet point under "Keep in mind;" (Question #4). KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm looking forward to the refund I will be getting on my account when the class action is initiated. Welcome to the world of Trump where corporations are empowered to mess their customers.