Highlighted

At the mercy of Verizon, am I right?

We can all agree that the Verizon website and our profiles are the most used medium to make changes and purchase items.

We have 5 lines on our family account. Dont even get me started on the mysterious differences, between account owner, account member, account whatever, account whatever, and their different authorized levels even between logins and phone call-ins.

One of our "non-owner" lines, although upgraded to a 2 yr contract this past april, was indicated as having an "upgrade at full retail price". When going to Shop for this particular line (i.e. clicking on the device/phone line first, then going to "Shop")This is what showed:

qualified.PNG

Ah awesome! We can take advantage of the current "+2gb bonus"! So my husband, whose line this is, walked into a corporate Verizon store, not an "authorized retailer", and told him he had no upgrade eligibility at all. But the website says so!, I told him.

So i got on a chat through the website, because it says "need help ordering? Chat!" So i get on chat. Talking to a rep, tell him the sitch, he said let me look into that upgrade eligibility and then all of a sudden a error that says there was a problem communicating with that rep and that i'd be transferred to another chat rep...who asked me how i can help. I asked him to review the last chat. So after reviewing and looking into upgrade eligibility, he says there's no upgrade eligibility. So i told him how come this blue message here says different and when i tested going thru the whole upgrade process until the very last step, it worked. He tried to tell me that it was a "promotion" but he couldnt see it when he pulled it up on the website. He couldnt see anything i tried to point out (as well, when i chatted with another rep regarding another question about a week ago, they couldnt see what i saw either - really?) Anyway, stupid me said "you dont think it's gonna take the upgrade from that other line that has been eligible for a while now, do you? (my dad's line has been upgrade eligible since 11/30.) He said he thought so. Then later on he said that it was. I asked him if he actually verified that. He said yes, with help desk. I said it doesnt indicate that ANYWHERE. No fine print disclaimer or anything. He said you wont see that it happened until after you go through the purchase process. I said really? so any online customer can go through this process and afterward see that it caused this to happen? screwed customer? I told him Verizon Wireless would then be withholding information from their customers. He said "this could be true, but..." He said "what can i do to help?" I said "honor what this says and not take away the upgrade eligibilty from the other line" he said he could not. I said you know what, i understand you can only do so much in your situation, who can i talk to that can provide further service? He gave me a phone number. That was it, I told him to stay warm. So i told myself, I'm gonna do it and see what it says. So I tried to order on my desktop at work and it would not allow the monthly payments anymore -- I said what??? now all of sudden its not giving me this msg anymore. So i get on my cellphone and go to the website and it allows me to. Really? wtf? So I ordered a phone with monthly payments and my dad's eligibilty stayed. ??????. Really, guy? But shootness, my email address needs to be updated and I cant change it! So I call verizon and they transfer me to Online Sales. Okay, awesome, they have a department specifically for ONLINE SALES. So I ask the nice lady if she can update that and she says she cannot because it's in "Process" and nothing can be adjusted in that status. She says "The account owner will receive a text message asking him to authorize this purchase since it was done online. At that point it will come out of that status and we can make that adjustment." "I said oh okay, so my dad will get that text?" (because when I get online it says he's the account owner) She says no and tells me (my husband's name) is the account owner. "Okayyyyy..." (I do remember we had to switch him over to some kind of status in order to use his employee discount.) Alright, I'll wait for that then. So I go home and find out the phone I ordered is not the phone my husband wanted. Okay, okay, well you know what that's cool, just respond NO when you get that text, I said. about an hour and a half go by and i decide to just call to cancel. So I call and this very sweet and enthusiastic young lady sounds knowledgeable, and says we'll take care of this dont worry. Ah, breath of fresh air...   Then she asked me if i agreed to the agreement and the terms and conditions online. I say yes bc that's part of the process. says she is not able to cancel because check-boxing those items off is my authorization to complete the order and it is now too late to cancel it. (OH. MY. GOSH. We were waiting for that stupid text!) So she tells me "Do this: when that delivery comes, do not accept it. Tell them to send it back, that you dont want it. That will save you the restocking fee charged for a return. When we get it back, it will process a cancellation; and at that time you can place the order for the correct phone." Okay so i am content when hanging up with her.

Fast forward to today.

I go to check my order at work on my desktop, it says there are no orders.

But now it shows my husband is on a Device Payment Agreement which it did not before and also does not show the phone I'd ordered but his still current phone and also says upgrade this device

qualified 3.PNG

What??? not only that when i click on upgrade this device it shows me:

device agreement.PNG

origination date - yesterday......$572? that's not the price of the new phone lg v10; it's not even the price of the S5 right now.

JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL!

So I get on my cellphone and it shows me my order...??? which, as I mentioned before, did not show up on the desktop site..

I get back on the desktop site and it says he's ineligible for an upgrade at all (no full retail price or anything).

Okay, okay. but the order shows and at least there's a third NON-VERIZON party involved now I can possibly rely on, FedEx.

I don't even know anymore. I used to brag about Verizon. How their service surpassed AT&T as my prior carrier. I can't believe it's come to this in at least this past year. This is not the first issue, but the biggest. I'm disappointed. I'm worried. We'll be waiting for the phone. We'll refuse it. We'll wait for the cancellation to process, and then at that point I CAN NOW REALLY ONLY RELY ON THE FAITH OF MY PRAYERS that it will revert back to the way it was when I placed the order the first time around. Then, I can start prayer and fasting for the consistency of information between store, online, and phone services.

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: At the mercy of Verizon, am I right?

Sr. Leader

Verizon stopped using 2 year contract upgrades and are using monthly payment plans.   (So did ATT and T-Mobile) 

The retail cost of each phone is posted on Verizon website, I assume you picked the GS5. 

Smartphones | Verizon Wireless

IF you ordered a phone on his line, his line has no upgrade.

THe offer in your first photo does not say"your line is upgrade eligible".  It only indicates you have good credit and can buy a new device and add new lines.

FYI, this is a customer to customer forum.  I don't get paid to read a novel.  Post short and sweet.  

Highlighted

Okay, so I wouldn't suspect you get paid to read novels either, you're a certified pet dog trainer. If anyone should get paid to read novels, it should be me.

But if you ARE paid to read POSTS/QUESTIONS on this forum, and reading something this long is not part of your job description, why did you read it? And don't say to help or to be a buffer for Verizon's customers bc you didn't quite accomplish either of those.

However, by your response, I can tell that you didn't really even read it bc your responses don't make sense in correspondence to what I said. They either are things I actually addressed in my post or are literally opposite of what I said.

Additionally, do you have contact information to someone or somewhere where I can receive some kind of recompense for this issue? Cuz it ain't Verizon! And if not them, then I know customers on this customer to customer forum who've encountered similar experiences can at least empathize.

I DO get paid to waste my time, however, I'm already clocked out, so shame on me for getting sucked in to reading and responding.

...regarding my response, you already know I'm thoroughly pissed, why would you respond with that? Are you here to help or what are you?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

You are posting on a customer to customer support forum. 

I read the first few sentences.  If you note the number who have seen your post, as opposed to the one who replied, you might realize it is just too long, yet doesn't contain enough useful information to provide you with options or suggestions. 

Verizon Wireless Customer Support. Is paid for this.  Please respond to their private message. 

Highlighted

Leader

It makes it difficult to read and understand when it's a novel. A play by play isn't necessary for those of us trying to help, though I imagine the rant makes you feel better, we all need to rant sometimes. However in order to provide advice, or direction, a simple version is ideal. No disrespect, just the truth. I've seen it happen numerous times, Verizon will respond, but won't touch base on something you deem important because it was overlooked in a massive pile of words, you'll be even angrier, and it will continue.

I'll admit to not reading it all, you lost me with the upgrading at full retail price (which really means you're not eligible for a discounted upgrade, it's just that they will gladly take your $500 for a new phone) though I did see the banner about monthly payments, but chances are good there is fine print. Like switching to the new Verizon plans. Just my theory on the first paragraph.

If you still want help, I suggest you take our suggestions into consideration or wait for someone else to respond.

Highlighted

Leader

To be fair, your original post is quite long and because of that its a little difficult to follow. No, you're not required to post short messages at all but with this being a primarily peer to peer forum it is imperative that you try to be as clear as possible to eliminate any confusion. It appears that you have an order that you initially were told that you couldn't make in a store....and you're confused about the amount that you have to pay for the device payment plan total....and if the order actually went through or not since you kept seeing conflicting info? If I got that wrong sorry but it's what I got out of your original post. And yes, I read through it. No I don't get paid to do it. No I'm not obligated to offer an attempt at assistance. But I don't mind trying.

Ultimately we can't answer account specific questions. Only an actual Verizon employee can so you would have to either wait for one to reply (which may or may not happen), call CS, visit a store, or attempt another chat.

As far as the amount...looks like the s6 is currently $572 so perhaps that's what you are being charged for? You should be able to call to verify what was ordered and the price.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

I actually read the whole post. Dealing with a real person in a corporate store is always best. Verizon's website, especially sales is rather convoluted.  There is nothing that customers here can do to help you and continuing to deal with Verizon's own representatives will further complicate the matter. You'll have to deal with each phase step by step and not jump ahead.  Let one step transpire before trying to take the next step.  As there isn't much you can do to switch carriers and put this all behind you in one omnipotent swoop, you'll have to deal with this one issue to its extent and then move past it with knowledge that Verizon is not forthright and Jesus cannot help you now.

Highlighted

you're probably eligible for a loyalty early upgrade but stores typically don't work with any promos outside the advertised promos you see on tv/hear on the radio.

call in to customer care and have them check your account.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I can certainly admit to venting/ranting and I can agree that it's long but I wanted to include all the information.

With this being said, I appreciate the fact that everyone decided to respond maturely and with true help. I appreciate the help, the suggestions, and the empathy.

Every time I call, I hope that person will give me the correct info but how can I know? I won't until it after the fact. There's a lot a customer does not know about their processes and procedures.

Thank you again.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

Best way to know for sure is to come back here. We've all been on the Verizon Rollercoaster or misinformation.

0 Likes