Highlighted

Are there any services that can be removed for a smartphone line that hasn't been used since June of last year? I can't afford the $300 cancellation fee.

I'm in a very tight financial spot, and was hoping I could cancel text, or something.   My son hasn't used his phone since he got his own service in June of last year, and it's just silly to continue paying for it.  Very curious how the account continues to show text messages connected with the phone. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Are there any services that can be removed for a smartphone line that hasn't been used since June of last year? I can't afford the $300 cancellation fee.

You might look into one of the services that helps match you up with a buyer that wants a phone and willing to take the contract with it (such as celltradeusa.com for instance).  I am listing this site only as an example, there are others as well.  Or alternatively find a friend or other family member who wants the phone and again willing to accept the contract with it.  It is legal and allowed by Verizon (and other cell companies) to transfer the contract to another person.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Are there any services that can be removed for a smartphone line that hasn't been used since June of last year? I can't afford the $300 cancellation fee.

Not applicable

The ETF wouldn't be $300. When did that line actually last have it's contract renewed? Even if it was last June the ETF would be $260 not $300.

0 Likes
Highlighted

You might look into one of the services that helps match you up with a buyer that wants a phone and willing to take the contract with it (such as celltradeusa.com for instance).  I am listing this site only as an example, there are others as well.  Or alternatively find a friend or other family member who wants the phone and again willing to accept the contract with it.  It is legal and allowed by Verizon (and other cell companies) to transfer the contract to another person.

View solution in original post

0 Likes