Highlighted

Are blocked texts stored?

C6CVEH

I blocked some phone numbers using the 5 free that's included in my plan. Will texts sent from those blocked numbers be stored and will those stored texts show up once the 90 days expires?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Are blocked texts stored?

yarelim_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

C6CVEH​, nobody likes to receive unwanted text messages and you can count on our Block Feature to help avoid these messages. Whenever a blocked contact attempts to get in touch with you, there will be no way for you to know.  Messages will not be stored nor delivered once the 90 days are up. 

yarelim_vzw

Community Manager
Community Manager

@C6CVEH

I want to ensure you have all of the necessary information needed to fully understand your text blocking capabilities. Allow me to help.

If you used the free “Call & Message Blocking” feature on your My Verizon account online to block numbers, when a blocked number texts you, the sender receives a text reply stating, "VZW FREE MSG: You cannot send messages to the destination that is blocked by the owner." The text messages will not deliver and they will not be stored. Does this clarify things for you?

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

yarelim_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

C6CVEH​, nobody likes to receive unwanted text messages and you can count on our Block Feature to help avoid these messages. Whenever a blocked contact attempts to get in touch with you, there will be no way for you to know.  Messages will not be stored nor delivered once the 90 days are up. 

yarelim_vzw