Highlighted

Arbitration or small claims court for bogus $1150 charge?

Starting around Thanksgiving of last year, I received a series of 5 HTC One Maxes that were defective. I returned each defective device when a replacement was sent to me. However, Verizon insists that I failed to return two of these devices. I can tell you that those two devices were returned with a shipping label that Verizon sent to me, but Verizon claims no receipt of that package. However, when I enter the tracking number on the USPS website, it indicates that my devices were returned to the Verizon center in Texas back in April, with the tracking label sent to me by Verizon. Verizon has suspended my line at least three times on account of the unpaid charges for the phones they claim I didn't return. Three days ago I spoke to a representative for over an hour and was told for the second time that my issue had been resolved. Today I woke up with my phone again suspended.

Do you think I am better off with mediation, arbitration, or simply filing a claim in small claims court?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Arbitration or small claims court for bogus $1150 charge?

Novice

Google Verizon corporate offices the CEO and presidents and their phone numbers and emails are online start asking them your questions

Highlighted

Not applicable

First and foremost, if you can without a doubt prove that you did in fact send them back. Then yes, yes you should absolutely take them to court. Now for future reference, you need to video record the phones being put into the shipping box at the shipping facility or mail box. Make sure you get the imei and all other phone info in the videos.

I say all this because I went to a Verizon wireless store to make the final payment on my tabletsite service that I canceled a few years back.  They are trying g to get me to pay more. Claiming that  I did not make that payment. I unfortunately lost the receipt. But, now I document everything with pictures and in some cases, videos. There will never be a false claim aginst me. If, you do this type of prevention. Make sure you backup all videos and pictures in multiple locations. Trust me on this.

Highlighted

Customer Support
graphingabacus,

Being billed correctly is definitely a must! So I totally understand your frustration. I'm confident we can get to the bottom of this.

When a phone is replaced through the warranty we ask that the defective phone is returned within 5 days to avoid being charged a non return fee. I can take a look at your account and see what's going on. Please reply to the direct message I just sent you.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Good advice, unfortunately.  It's amazing  how difficult it is to get this company to do the right thing, follow their Terms, and generally Act in Good Faith.

0 Likes