Re: Another complaint

sprmankalel
Leader

Thank goodness.

John_Beachley

How about outside of a structure? I never said where the service isn't working. And yes, it doesn't work outside of the house either. Or should I say sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

But that is ok. It will always be my fault. Verizon doesn't guarantee service anywhere. So sign up for a 2 year contract and you might get service. Or you might not. And they can change the coverage at anytime and they you have to come up with solutions to fix that there is no service there.

0 Likes

John_Beachley

Do you work for Verizon? Are you a contractor for Verizon? Is it your job to make it so frustrating to people to post a question on here?

My request was for someone at Verizon to send these complaints. Not for me to argue over the internet.

Thanks for all of your great ideas.I will make sure to keep them to heart.

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

I know this thread is about done, but I thought I'd add: 

A lot of people get a no-cost extender.  It's case by case of course, but it happens usually with people who have multiple network trouble tickets or with customers who are near other customers who have an extender. Sometimes it is about customer satisfaction, especially those who have been around a while in the same location with x-rate plan and good payment history.  I won't even use the word "loyalty" as that's nonsense, but it certainly does happen.  I will say though, that if you need an extender there are many things about that which cause more issues, especially with newer phones, or apartments and the effect on neighbors, and the fact that it kind of limits the phone's at-home capabilities especially HD Voice and Advanced Calling features.  Verizon is rumored to be working on 4G extenders, at a high cost I'm sure, but that's another story. 

0 Likes

John_Beachley

Thank you for saying that. I have been a long term customer for them 12+ years. I have also payed my bills on time.

I suspect that they are being rude since I have unlimited data. And I also suspect that they won't offer me a no cost network extender due to it too.

I have opened 3 tickets in the past year. They seemed to have finally found the issue last month. That is when they told me that area is "marginal" I have been living with this for a long while.

I should probably keep Verizon just so I can test my unlimited data plan.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Well, I don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist or paranoid, but now that you mention you have unlimited data..... 

0 Likes

sprmankalel
Leader

I do not have an affiliation with Verizon. You came to a peer to peer forum and posted.

If you remember I started off kindly with a suggestion that would have helped you when you are inside your home connected to wifi. You did not like it and proceeded to be nasty to anyone who offered a suggestion other than you getting what you want.

Me? I couldn't care less what you do. I saw an opportunity to help by offering my suggestion. You, sir, have turned it into arguing over the internet.

Next time you want to write to Verizon Wireless you can send a letter to them at the following address:

Verizon Wireless
ATTN: Correspondence Team

PO Box 5029

Wallingford, CT 06492

This way you'll be sure that you are dealing directly with them and not a community of consumers.

Highlighted

gggggg
Novice

Don't feel to bad.  I have a 4G LTE data only tower 1 mile from my house.  BUT can't use Advanced calling and HAD to get the Network Extender.  Why?  because 1/2 my calls were going to voicemail, so Verizon sends NE!!!! SMH  Now, I leave my house, AWAY from Network Extender and cannot make or receive a single call!!! Phone beeps and disconnects.  Tired of fighting with Verizon about it. Filed a complaint with FCC. It's either the lousy antenna on the Droid Turbo or Verizon has something major going on with their towers.  Will they help? NO...they find nothing wrong. So, one week, come Friday 6/12 if my phone or whatever needs it, is not fixed going to AT&T.  Oh yeah, although one rep says you have GREAT 4G LTE and another rep is telling me I am also in a marginal area. LOL...as you can see now, their maps are NOT right.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

psf57,

We always want you to have world class service at all times. That's incredibly important. I'm very sorry to hear that hasn't been the case. The extender is a great option when at home but won't help when you move away from there. Are things working well at home at this point? How far do you have to go before you get stronger service?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

gggggg
Novice

Andrew;  I have totally gave up with Verizon and the Droid turbo.  It doesn't matter where, how far, etc.  I have GREAT 4G typically any place I go, BUT still cannot receive/make calls.  I need a phone to work.  All I need from Verizon now is where to send this phone?!  You have done tickets and more tickets and continue to say oh, nothing's wrong. Well, you do not HAVE the phone in hand. I will not pay for a phone I cannot use away from my home.

0 Likes