Highlighted

Anonymous Call blocking?

t__4st

So from what I’ve read there is no anonymous call blocking on Verizon wireless for incoming anonymous calls.   

It’s on their home FiOS service? It’s easily implemented? Verizon are you getting paid by lobbyists or spam companies to not allow us to have this on wireless? I can’t imagine why this feature isn’t standard with wireless service specially you know what the rates were paying it’s on pretty much every other service.

I would like you to correct me if I’m wrong in there is anonymous call blocking. I would also like to know your rationale for not offering it if that is the case???   Seems absolutely ludicrous

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Anonymous Call blocking?

deloused

Verizon Wireless offers blocking services for calls like that-

Yes, if you subscribe to Verizon FamilyBase, you can block a restricted number from calling you. To block a restricted, unavailable, or private number from calling you:

1. Sign in to FamilyBase.
  2. Select Controls.
  3. Select Blocked Contacts.
  4. Select Add Blocks.
  5. Click the check box next to Block Restricted, Unavailable, and Private Numbers to turn the block on.

You've successfully applied FamilyBase filters to block restricted numbers from calling you.

View solution in original post

deloused

Verizon Wireless offers blocking services for calls like that-

Yes, if you subscribe to Verizon FamilyBase, you can block a restricted number from calling you. To block a restricted, unavailable, or private number from calling you:

1. Sign in to FamilyBase.
  2. Select Controls.
  3. Select Blocked Contacts.
  4. Select Add Blocks.
  5. Click the check box next to Block Restricted, Unavailable, and Private Numbers to turn the block on.

You've successfully applied FamilyBase filters to block restricted numbers from calling you.

View solution in original post

Community Manager
Community Manager

t()4st, we can understand the need these days to have the ability to block calls. We also want you to be able to protect your privacy. Follow this link for our call blocking options: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

WILTUR10

Why do I have to pay for this service?  Why does verizon permit obvious spam callers to use their system and abuse their customers?  I find your need to nickle and dime your customers to be garbage customer service.  I am left wondering if verizon does not have its own robo call operation to get people to sign up for their rotten service.  $2.95 a month for what?  What is the cost to verizon?  

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We certainly don't want you to get any unwanted calls, WILTUR10. The good news is that you don't have to pay anything for the ability to assist with blocking robocalls. Our Call Filter service is free to all users and includes robocall blocking. Call Filter Plus also has robocall blocking but has extra features like a block list, spam lookup feature and more and is $2.99 a month. See #4 of this article for more detail: http://spr.ly/6607EFYXT Does this clarify? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes