Amount of "Mobile Hotspot" data used versus "Phone" data used.

GORSTR38

I understand that with the "unlimited" data plan, I'm allowed 22GB of data (before going into prioritization), plus an additional 15GB of data available when tethering as a Mobile Hotspot. My question is how much "Mobile Hotspot" data was used last month versus "Phone" data used. Where can I find this information? I'm aware of the 10% notification, email and text, that I received. But, what I would like to see is how and/or when was that Mobile Hotspot data used.  Thanks for your help...

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes

Re: Amount of "Mobile Hotspot" data used versus "Phone" data used.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Knowing what you've used is important, GORSTR38. Help is here. Reference #7 in the following link to view your usage categories: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/mobile-hotspot-faqs/#gid1_qid4937d8f87eb7

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

boringusername

GORSTR38 wrote:

I understand that with the "unlimited" data plan, I'm allowed 22GB of data (before going into prioritization), plus an additional 15GB of data available when tethering as a Mobile Hotspot. My question is how much "Mobile Hotspot" data was used last month versus "Phone" data used. Where can I find this information? I'm aware of the 10% notification, email and text, that I received. But, what I would like to see is how and/or when was that Mobile Hotspot data used. Thanks for your help...

Any hotspot data also counts towards the 22 GB limit.

0 Likes

GORSTR38

I follow the link you provided to "My Bill". On the right side under "Get the details" I click on the link (Data, talk and text activity. On this page under Activity: I click "Data" then the phone line I want to view. That takes me to this page. But I cannot find item "d. From the Usage Type dropdown, click Connect / Hotspot".Data.JPG

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

You phone should also show tethered data use in settings, just like any other app used.

FF274965-D8C9-4437-A342-1B1B2A8C2862.jpeg

Est93

The hotspot usage is a separate amount from the 22 GB. It will be there right when you go to view your usage.

0 Likes
Highlighted

boringusername

Est93 wrote:

The hotspot usage is a separate amount from the 22 GB. It will be there right when you go to view your usage.

Actually it counts as part of the 22 GB limit. You do not get 15 GB and 22 GB. If you use all 15 GB of hotspot you have 7 GB before you get deprioritized.

Est93

With Beyond Unlimited, you get a 15 GB allowance of data at 4G LTE speeds for Mobile Hotspot each billing cycle. Once you've used the 15 GB of 4G LTE data, your Mobile Hotspot data speed will be reduced to up to 600 Kbps speeds for the rest of the billing cycle. Non-Mobile Hotspot data will continue to be unlimited at 4G LTE speeds until 22 GB, while your Mobile Hotspot is reduced to up to 600 Kbps.

Beyond Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless 

0 Likes