Highlighted

Am I eligible for senior and veteran discounts?

My family plan of 3 is VERY

expensive each month.  I am 75 yoa & my wife is 67 yoa.  I have been informed that Verizon has a Senior discount for those over 65 yoa.  Please let me know!   I am also a Viet Nam era Veteran.  ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: I am 75 yoa & my wife is 67 yoa. My family plan of 3 is VERY high each month. It is my understandig that my wife & I are elgible for Senior discounts for those over 65 yoa. Please let me know! Also, I am a Viet Nam era Veteran.

Sr. Leader

The senior plan will not help you with your current data usage.

First of all, the senior plan to which you were referring had minimal minutes(I think 200 shared between 2 lines) and no texting. I am unsure how much data was allowed, but it was nowhere near the amount you have in your monthly allowance. Most likely, the senior plan was limited to 1 or 2 GB on each of the 2 lines allowed on the plan.

Are your lines still under contract? Lines out of contract on the More Everything plan with 6 GB or more of monthly data allowance are eligible for a $25/month discount on the line access fee which would bring your line access fee for the out of contract line down to $15/month. This discount does not take effect automatically, you have to add it yourself in your MyVerizon account or call CS to have them add it. If you have all 3 of your lines out of contract, this would IMMEDIATELY give you a $75/month drop in your bill. Keep in mind if you purchase another phone on contract, you would automatically lose the discount on that line.

The best way for you to lower your monthly bill would be to lower your data usage/allowance and then stay below your limit.

As a veteran, you are also eligible for a discount on the data portion of your bill of 15%, I believe. You can sign up for that HERE.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: I am 75 yoa & my wife is 67 yoa. My family plan of 3 is VERY high each month. It is my understandig that my wife & I are elgible for Senior discounts for those over 65 yoa. Please let me know! Also, I am a Viet Nam era Veteran.

Sr. Leader

It would be helpful to know what plan you have, your allowances, your usage and your total monthly bill amount.

The senior plan is a very limited plan with minimal calling minutes and data. I believe it only allows for 2 lines on the account.

Highlighted

Thanks for reply! My Plan is More Every UNL TLK TXT 10 GB and the monthly cost is $258,14. Please advise. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

The senior plan will not help you with your current data usage.

First of all, the senior plan to which you were referring had minimal minutes(I think 200 shared between 2 lines) and no texting. I am unsure how much data was allowed, but it was nowhere near the amount you have in your monthly allowance. Most likely, the senior plan was limited to 1 or 2 GB on each of the 2 lines allowed on the plan.

Are your lines still under contract? Lines out of contract on the More Everything plan with 6 GB or more of monthly data allowance are eligible for a $25/month discount on the line access fee which would bring your line access fee for the out of contract line down to $15/month. This discount does not take effect automatically, you have to add it yourself in your MyVerizon account or call CS to have them add it. If you have all 3 of your lines out of contract, this would IMMEDIATELY give you a $75/month drop in your bill. Keep in mind if you purchase another phone on contract, you would automatically lose the discount on that line.

The best way for you to lower your monthly bill would be to lower your data usage/allowance and then stay below your limit.

As a veteran, you are also eligible for a discount on the data portion of your bill of 15%, I believe. You can sign up for that HERE.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you very much! I will check with Verizon.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Periodon, we appreciate everything that you did for our country. It's important to us that your service is affordable for you. Are you taking advantage of your military discount? 

https://devices.verizonwireless.com/content/vzw-eStore/military-veterans.html

Let's make sure that you're on the best plan to fit your wireless needs and budget here:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/mobile-living/network-and-plans/my-verizon-wireless-account-usage-too...

LVZWnaH_VZW
FoZWSupportn Twitter @ZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: I am 75 yoa & my wife is 67 yoa. My family plan of 3 is VERY high each month. It is my understandig that my wife & I are elgible for Senior disc

Consumer Cellular and the like are looking more and more attractive...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Am I eligible for senior and veteran discounts?

Leader

might be time to switch plans.

i recently switched from a 4g plan to the start unlimited plan, saved money with military discount fror 2 phones.

0 Likes