Highlighted

Am I continuing to be lied to by Verizon? So far, YES!

In late November 2014, I reluctantly gave up my unlimited data plan in order to upgrade my phone to the new Droid Turbo.  Lie 1 is a long story regarding the upgrade process and the in-store representative not understanding the promotion and not allowing me to trade in my droid 2 instead of my currently active droid 4 and the process of trying to get some kind of retribution for that process.  Then once I got my droid turbo the fun starts.  Because I would be losing my unlimited data I had discussed with customer service via multiple phone calls going over options for long time customers and optimizing a phone plan for my family's needs.  1 part of this was an amount of promotional data each month for 12 months.  Since November 2014, so over 2 months ago, this has not been applied regardless of many wasted evenings waiting on the phone to talk to someone that may or may not actually give you hope that the issue will be resolved.  Several times I thought it would be taken care of only to see the next time I logged in that the amount of promotional data had not been applied.

Now I am offshore without phone access at least none that I want to waste waiting to talk to someone to achieve the same outcome of NO RESULTS.  This is my last resort at finding a resolution, as otherwise upon returning to shore I may have to seriously consider other carriers and end my 8+ years service with Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Am I continuing to be lied to by Verizon? So far, YES!

As an update, I arrived back on land and called Verizon, after about 30 minutes I was able to talk to someone and request a supervisor call-back.  Now I wonder if that is even a real option as I had never gotten that before and did not receive any phone calls from a supervisor or anyone with Verizon.  This is really getting to a hopeless stage, on the plus side, at least Sprint has an offer right now to pay for your termination fees when you switch.

Highlighted

Re: Am I continuing to be lied to by Verizon?  So far, YES!

Community Manager
Community Manager

emt86,

I certainly want you to have a resolution to this. Certainly, if a supervisor is not immediately available, sometimes a call back is set up. Did you receive the call you were waiting for? I definitely want to be sure that this is not a continuing issue for you.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

The corporate number for Verizon is (212)395-1000

You can call that number and you can file a complaint.

You might hear from another customer oh this site that says otherwise but

it is in fact the correct number you would need to talk to someone higher up.

Hope things look up for you soon!

Highlighted

Sandy,

I called on Feb. 13th and as of today have not received a call back from a supervisor.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

emt86

This is not the type of experience we want you to have. I will be more than happy to send you a private message to make sure that we get this resolved. Please accept my follow  request so we can get started.

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

March 10th and still no resolution...

0 Likes
Highlighted

To emt86

Verizon will say this is not the type of service they want to provide but it is in fact exactly the type of customer service Verizon provides. We have had an ongoing problem since October 2nd and we still have no resolution. I can't get anyone's attention. Hours and hours and hours of work on my part to get help, answers, clarification on billing issues that were not set up correctly. We can't get two people to say the same thing. It is hands down the most frustrating thing I have experienced with any company. The next step is the Better Business Bureau. I'm done. Good Luck

0 Likes

Anyone surprised that it is April with no resolution?

0 Likes
Highlighted

As an update to anyone who stumbles upon this thread, the last time I spoke to Verizon regarding this they finally stopped the charade and just said there was nothing they could do.  They were not going to do anything to make good on their original promise and I can only assume they were hoping I would just forget.  Well, no time like when you run out of data for the first time to remember.  For anyone with Verizon who reads this, please do not waste my time again unless you can provide results.

0 Likes