Highlighted

Am I being charged an early termination fee?

I have gone into verizon three times in the past week because I have been trying to get off of my parents account and on to my own. I was told that I could do that so long as my step dad let them know it was okay, since it is a business account there are a of of things he has to approve. I asked them if it would cost me anything extra to get on this new account and they repeatedly told me that it would not. I told them that the current contract on my stepdad's line was not up until the 24th of this month but they said it would not matter since he is billed on the 6th he had already been billed for the usage for this month. He went in yesterday before me and had everything set up to where they could put my number on a new plan that was my own. And he asked them if it would cost me anything extra to do this and they told him no. So when I went in I talked to a manager, who was helping me, and asked him again if it would cost anything extra since the contract was not technically up until the 24th and he told me that I was out of contract. However, when he gave me my receipt at the end of my visit it says something about a prorated early termination fee of 175 dollars. But I was not charged anything. My verizon online also says I am now up for an upgrade. So I need to know if I will be charged this fee even though I was repeatedly told there would be no fee? Or if that is only if I upgrade now instead of the 24th. The people in store are no help, they seem to busy to actually listen to your questions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Am I being charged an early termination fee?

the did it wrong call customer service w/ your dad they will need him if your not auth on his account they disconnected you aols do not charge etf even if you pull the number off the account while there is a contract on it as long as you are going to go on a vzw account

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

the did it wrong call customer service w/ your dad they will need him if your not auth on his account they disconnected you aols do not charge etf even if you pull the number off the account while there is a contract on it as long as you are going to go on a vzw account

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you! I'm not on his account anymore though, I have already been put onto my own account and it does not say I owe anything. So do I still need him to figure this out, or would I just be able to talk to a representative about it?

0 Likes
Highlighted

if he has you as an acount manager you should be able to but if not then he needs to have you on there at least untill everything gets sorted out because it was that store that messed it up you shouldent have any kind of etf if it was done properly i hav dont it myself and we still had 3 mo left in contract nothing like this happened

0 Likes
Highlighted

Okay, thank you so much!

0 Likes