Highlighted

All calls come through except 1 number and that's half the time

Sr. Leader

I usually don't have problems with calls, but have had this same issue on Postpaid and Prepaid. 

One number from another Verizon user, when they call me, it rings several times until voicemail answers.  My phone does not ring.  I haven't been told I am missing any calls from other users and I have no missed calls in my log.  However, the other user does show they called me in their logs.  My Usage tab in My Verizon sometimes does and sometimes does not show that an incoming call was placed to my phone, whether I missed it or not.  I have no voicemails and my mailbox is set up correctly.

I have asked Verizon about this before, but the best I get is to mark each missed call.  Obviously...I never know that I have a missed call unless a voicemail is left.  I have obtained at least 3 new SIM cards since the beginning of this to no avail.  I know the other user's phone works because the phone rings and then connects to my voicemail, I just don't understand why my phone isn't ringing.  Signal seems just fine and the problem persists outdoors as well.  Advance Calling is disabled.  My phone and the other user's phone are both LG G2s with 5.0.2 installed.  Phone works fine otherwise, but has been replaced 4 times for this issue alone.  So, surely it isn't my phone and it doesn't seem to be the other person's phone, and with good signal strength on voice and data, I can't see how it is network-related.

I originally had dealt with this for several months prior and switched to Boost (Sprint MVNO) Prepaid and never missed a call, but decided to return to Verizon for a promo that, while monthly is a tad higher in cost, balances out over 3 months to be the same cost as 3 months on Boost.  Plus, I could use my better-by-comparison G2 over my LG Volt.

I suppose the simple question is.....Why is it just this one other Verizon user, and why are calls missed only sometimes?  The other user has not been informed by anyone else that their call was missed.  I have tested calling from my PC using my Google Voice number and also from the other user's phone, but never seems to malfunction for me, only for the caller.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: All calls come through except 1 number and that's half the time

I have this same thing happen on my G2 on rare occasion. Seems to also happen when receiving text messages from some numbers. I always assumed it was something wrong with my notification sounds/settings. If I let my phone sit idle with any screen other than the home screen showing is when I seem to have this problem. Have you noticed that with yours?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

No, not the issue with screen on.  Mine is always off. I don't seem to miss any text messages.  And, even if my sounds and notifications were off, I'd still see the screen light up or an entry in the logs. I could definitely see the issue as network-related, but with their call connecting long enough to ring for 20+ sec and able to reach my VM, I know the network "knows" my phone is powered on and has a connection to the network.  Of course, it may be their phone that is the issue.  They have been with Verizon for almost a year with the same SIM, but I was hoping there was some other explanation.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Oh, I was meaning that when I sit my phone down and the screen goes off. But I never experienced what you are talking about, thankfully. I would assume if it's just that one number that it is a problem caused by their phone then.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Possibly so.  I'm thinking of asking them to obtain a new SIM, jsut to try.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Oh, and my calls are not forwarded.  Forgot to mention that.  *73 is confirmed.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I think the SIM is a good idea.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Yes, as usual, I have talked out my problem into possible solutions and have gotten Verizon to set my ring count to 8 and sent a new SIM to the other user.

Highlighted

How did you get the ring count changed?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Live Chat.  Rep said he changed it, IDK what it was before or even if it works now.

0 Likes