Highlighted

Age Discrimination towards current customer

WWobig

On 06/18/2019 at 10 a.m. my wife and I went to the local Verizon Store to purchase 2 new phones and change our service to the 55 plus plan as I am 58 years old.
The store tech was very nice as we went over the different types of phones for the new purchase. He then looked up my account and stated that he would not be allowed to authorize the 55 plus plan because Verizon was not offering the plan to us.
I informed him of the advertisement (55 Plus plan) on the building and stated that I was 58 and wanted to purchase the plan and phones as our phones where not working correctly and that today was my first day off. My phones need to be replaced. He informed us that he was not authorized to give us the plan but that we could call Verizon and see what could be done. He advised that if we were new customers that we would get the plan right-a-way and it did not make sense to him why we could not get the plan as we met all the requirements: had auto pay, in good standing with Verizon, over 55 and lived in Florida with our mailing address also being Florida.
I called Verizon and advised the customer service rep that I was at the Verizon Store to purchase 2 new phones and change our service to the 55 plus plan as advertised. I informed her that I had auto pay, she could see that I was in good standing with Verizon, over 55 and lived in Florida (mailing address).
The Rep advised\ stated that we needed to be offered this plan on our account in the system, and that it would take 3 to 4 days if approved. I informed the customer service rep that the advertisement did not say this and that the store rep advised that if we were new customers that we would get the plan right-a-way. The rep could not help me so I asked to speak with a manager and “NO” manager would assist me. I then asked to speak to a District Manager and “NO” District Manager was available. I told the rep that I felt that I was being discriminated upon (AGE) as other customers walk right in and receive the 55 plus plan but I was not receiving the same.
The rep stated that I should purchase the two new phones and keep my current plan until I receive the 55 plus plan. I asked the rep “Are you guaranteeing that I will get the 55 plus plan” and she said “NO”. I asked the rep; why is Verizon denying me the 55 plus plan and she could not answer the question.
It is for the above customer service and false advertising that I feel Verizon is discriminating against me and providing false advertisement. Please refer to the attached Photographs which are being displayed on the St. Cloud, Florida Verizon Store front.

0618191032b2.jpg

0 Likes

Re: Age Discrimination towards current customer

boringusername

A) That is not age discrimination

B) That is not a Verizon store. It clearly says Authorized Retailer and INDPENDANTLY OPERATED STORE. You have to call the number on the website or go to an actual Verizon corporate store

0 Likes

Re: Age Discrimination towards current customer

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Aside from what was relayed to you previously about the store being an "authorized retailer", there is small print in the photo you have which is unable to be read from your post. That small print may have additional criteria you may have to meet in order to enroll.

Aside from that, "Authorized Retailer" stores do not always have access to everything offered by Verizon.

As previously stated, you would probably be more successful by going to a Verizon Corporate store.

0 Likes