Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Advance Calling

I had a Note 3 and i could get on the Internet during a phone call NO PROBLEM even if my mobile data was off before recieving said phone call & Still had Caller ID. I upgrade to a Note 5 & this Advance Calling Verizon just magically pulled out there ass is ridiculous. If my 4G isn't on and i receive a phone call then getting on the Internet during that phone call isn't possible unless its on all the time, not to mention i had to remove Caller ID in order to get Advance Calling so i could get on the Internet during a phone call. So my question is WHEN WILL THERE BE AN UPDATE THAT ALLOWS ME TO HAVE CALLER ID & BE ABLE TO TURN ON MY MOBILE DATA DURING A PHONE CALL???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Advance Calling

Sr. Leader
0 Likes

Customer Support

Advance calling is a great feature for selected devices Why1Verizon. We always want you to enjoy the features available. Let's dip deeper and see what is going on here. Have you ever been able to surf/data while on a call and mobile data off on your note 5? Do you recall being connected to WiFi when your mobile data was off? You can stay up to data with software updates being released here: http://vz.to/1BiGZYk .
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Sr. Leader

Caller ID works with Advanced Calling 1.0, just not the Caller name ID if the number is not in the address book already.  But to answer your question, there has been no hint when this will be corrected. 

o i have not & when i try to turn on my Mobile Data during a call it says "Unable to turn on Mobile Data during Advance Calling". No i was not on WiFi

0 Likes

We just got two new Note 5s about 10 days ago and we cannot be on the internet and mobile data at the same time while there is no wifi.  We just upgraded to this phone from a Galaxy 3 which never had this happen.  How do we resolve the problem?  Our advanced calling feature is on.  This is kind of ridiculous that this is an issue with a brand new latest model phone but an old Galaxy 3 didn't have this issue/feature.

0 Likes

Sr. Leader

GO in settings on the phone and turn on VoIP or voice and data over LTE

0 Likes

Where do I find that?  If in Network Mode I only see Global, LTE/CDMA or LTE/GSM/UMTS.  Right now mine is on LTE/CDMA.

0 Likes

And not only that, the calls get dropped.

0 Likes

Sr. Leader
0 Likes

Okay I just turned it off.  It is not a choice to change anything for that when actively on the phone.  I am not sure though if I will be able to be on the internet using mobile data and not wifi during a call.  Does I have to keep turning this on and off now when wanting to do this.

Thank you for your responses!

0 Likes