Adding email address to account

mao1626

I keep trying to add my email because all the sudden it's no longer listed on my account. However, I keep getting an error telling me to check the format and re-enter it, but I'm not typing it any differently than is accepted everywhere else. What format does your email have to be in to add it to your account? I'm frustrated because I used to receive email notifications for my bill and payment confirmation but all the sudden last month they stopped. When I went to my profile, there was nothing listed under email anymore, when I hadn't changed anything prior.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Adding email address to account

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Just checked mine and it is still there, but tried to add a new address and entered as myname@email.com and it worked.  I cannot comment further.

0 Likes

mao1626

I have a Gmail account. I don't understand why I'm getting an error when it is a standard address. It doesn't contain any other characters besides letters and numbers. I used the same email to be able to create the community account, and it accepted it fine for that.

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

I wish I had a better answer than, "Sometimes the website is hokey."  I know at times I can do whatever I need, sometimes I have to wait, other times I have to use another browser.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

mao1626,

We want to make sure that you're able to get your email back on file! I rely on those notifications too, they are great to get! What internet browser are you using? Can you try clearing your temporary internet files and cookies and then try adding this again?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes

mao1626

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your reply! I appreciate it. I use Firefox. I think I finally got it back on there. I ended up signing in and out of my account a couple times and then it finally went through. I still see it on there now, so hopefully when I pay my bill soon I'll get my usual confirmation.

Thanks again,

Michelle

0 Likes