Highlighted

Adding a device as a second line

I recently got Verizon Wireless service in December of last year.  I signed up for paper-free billing and auto pay so I get the $10 bill credit.  I moved my number from T-Mobile and did a BYOP which is the unlocked version of the Google Pixel 3 XL.  I've been trying to add a second line to my account so I can get a new tablet since my original 9.7" iPad Pro is showing signs the battery is losing the ability to hold a charge and it's about 3-4 years old.  When I try to do it online through the main website I get as far as checkout then when I click a choice as to how I'd like to pay I'm sent to a pay with a 10 minute countdown and I'm instructed to call the 888#.  If I try it on my phone using the My Verizon app I get to the point where it would take me to check out and I get a message saying "Oops! looks like there's a problem on our end" and I'm instructed to also call the number. 

I thought it had something to do with the holidays so I waited until after 1/1 and tried again same results.  Since i had not received my first bill yet I thought maybe that had something to do with it so I waited for that to occur on the 7th and I paid it immediately.  Tried it again with the same result.  Since the charges were pending on my bank I thought maybe they needed to see that the funds would completely clear my account and as of today they did.  Tried it again both ways and same problem.  I have an employee discount through my current employer could that have something to do with it?  Running out of ideas and would appreciate any help that you can provide. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Adding a device as a second line

Customer Support

gbtroc2018, thanks for making the recent switch to Verizon Wireless and I apologize for any difficulties with adding a new tablet/line to your account. I know the feeling over having to charge my devices constantly as they age. I'll be glad to help clear up some things and that you get the right support going forward.

Thanks for all your attempts to make this purchase work online via your My Verizon account. Having an Employee Discount or not receiving your first bill would not impact your ability to add a new line or purchase any new equipment, I can understand wanting to factor out all the variables. Since I appreciate your time and patience, please contact our Telesales Department 888-924-7937 at your convenience so they can help process the purchase/add a line for your new tablet. I'm confident they'll be able to clear up any issues with your initial purchase attempts.

AlanS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Adding a device as a second line

Customer Support

gbtroc2018, thanks for making the recent switch to Verizon Wireless and I apologize for any difficulties with adding a new tablet/line to your account. I know the feeling over having to charge my devices constantly as they age. I'll be glad to help clear up some things and that you get the right support going forward.

Thanks for all your attempts to make this purchase work online via your My Verizon account. Having an Employee Discount or not receiving your first bill would not impact your ability to add a new line or purchase any new equipment, I can understand wanting to factor out all the variables. Since I appreciate your time and patience, please contact our Telesales Department 888-924-7937 at your convenience so they can help process the purchase/add a line for your new tablet. I'm confident they'll be able to clear up any issues with your initial purchase attempts.

AlanS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post