Highlighted

Account holder died, no one can help.

BLITZENRENO

I went to a local Verizon store showed them the death certificate.  They said I would have to get back on the phone to Customer Service to get things handled that they could do nothing at the store other than notate that I brought in the death certificate for that account.  Came home, got on the phone and spoke to a Naomi and a Kay and neither could help me cause I didn't know my husbands pin number for his phone.  So basically they cannot do anything, either in the store or on the phone which are your only options for getting stuff done.  It's hard enough to deal with this stuff without getting the run around from people that cannot help you.  And having to go through both is a nightmare.  Talk about a lousy way to deal with things.  It sucks.  So instead I am going to file complaints with the ftc, BBB, Attorney Generals offices of my state and the state Verizon corporate is located in, and whomever else to get this handled to my satisfaction.         

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes

Re: Account holder died, no one can help.

sprmankalel
Leader

This should NOT be happening. If you are showing the certificate it should be handled. Best thing to do is log in to his online account and add yourself as an account manager and update the PIN to something that you will know.

Are you trying to get the account into your name or just cancel his line?

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Did you go to a corporate store or a premium retailer?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

BLITZENRENO

I went to the corporate store here in Reno, NV.  And this is ridiculous.  I

am not doing anything until I get responses to my complaints from the FTC,

BBB, and both attorney generals offices in New Jersey and Nevada.

This is a horrible way to treat people who have enough to deal with as it

is.  The frustration of going back and forth between the store and then

back on the phones to customer service.....no way to handle these sensitive

situations.  And I request everything in written form, per my legal team.

No more phone calls.

I do thank you for your response.

Donna [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

kathy65793

I am so sorry for your lost. It is a shame that all you are going through that you have to deal with this. What I would do is send a copy of the death certificate to the billing dept along with a letter about what you just went through at their store and ask them what else you need to do to get this worked out. I would also send this certify with a receipt for after they receive it. Again I am Sorry for the lost of your husband and that they get this resolved quickly  

0 Likes

sprmankalel
Leader

I hope whatever you do works.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

BLITZENRENO, I cannot apologize enough for all that you have had to go through. I have sent you a Private Message so that I may work on this for you.

ChristineJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

stsnigh

We don't know his PIN number 

0 Likes