Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
Re: Access charges on New Plan.
lewisr13
Leader

mdmurph wrote:

David--

I have 5 phones and no tablets. One "dumb" phone under contract, one smart phone under contract and 3 smart phones not in contract. Thanks for the help.@VZWSupport.

That would be, 2x$40 and 3x$20 on either plan. Check your bill to see what lines are being charge currently. You seem to be getting a discount on one of those lines under contract.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

lewisr13 wrote:

mdmurph wrote:

David--

I have 5 phones and no tablets. One "dumb" phone under contract, one smart phone under contract and 3 smart phones not in contract. Thanks for the help.@VZWSupport.

That would be, 2x$40 and 3x$20 on either plan. Check your bill to see what lines are being charge currently. You seem to be getting a discount on one of those lines under contract.

I don't think this is the case. I believe that "dumb" phones are $20/month for line access fee regardless if they are on contract or not with the Verizon Plan. That would make the cost (1 x $40) + (4 x $20) = $120. If you were to place a smartphone on the basic phone line under contract, that may increase the line access fee to $40, but I am unsure since the contract is for a basic phone.

0 Likes
SILVERSCENTS

I have 4 phones and 2 tablets. I believe 2 under payment plan. So I have 6 gb and 6 bonus gb. If I changed plans I don't want to loose my bonus gb. Would I verizon?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

If you switch to the new Verizon Plan, you will lose your bonus data.

0 Likes
RITZUC97

I am having the same issue. I was very excited to hear about Verizon's new data plan because my family and I are constantly fighting with each other over data and my 17 year old brother constantly causes us to have over $100+ every month in data overage charges. So the news of this new plan excited me at the possibility of eliminating my families constant fighting over data. When I went to go look at the new plans it is going to cost me MORE money for LESS data. I am not sure how that can be advertised as being something beneficial for Verizon's customers.

I currently am on the Verizon Plan XX Large 18 GB we have 6 lines on our plan 4 of which are smartphones. We currently are paying $100 a month for data and $120 for line access a month. So our grand total every month is $220 for 18GB of data and 4 smartphone line access and 2 regular line access.

On the new plan XL plan it would be 16 GB of data which is 2 GB less than what I have now and paying MORE. The cost of the actual data charge is only $90 a month but then the Line access charge goes up to $140 on the new plan and my total charges ends up being $10 more a month than what it is now for less data so why would I ever switch plans. I don't get how this is supposed to be "The Verizon Plan gives your more" sounds to me they meant gives you more charges!

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

RITZUC97  the new plans would end up saving you money. 

First access fees have not changed, so that will still be $120

go with the XL, or stay with XXL for $10 more and activate free safety feature so you never have the $100 overage again-- that is where you will really save money, even if you pay the $10 extra for 8 extra GB. More data, no overages, and for $10 more rather than $100 overages every month.  Seems like a no brainier change. 

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

RITZUC97 wrote:

On the new plan XL plan it would be 16 GB of data which is 2 GB less than what I have now and paying MORE. The cost of the actual data charge is only $90 a month but then the Line access charge goes up to $140 on the new plan and my total charges ends up being $10 more a month than what it is now for less data so why would I ever switch plans. I don't get how this is supposed to be "The Verizon Plan gives your more" sounds to me they meant gives you more charges!

You are currently paying $100/month for 18 GB of data on the XXL data tier. You are comparing that tier to the new XL data tier of 16 GB for $90/month saying it cost MORE for less data????? Since when is $90/month MORE than $100/month.

Additionally, you could stick with your XXL plan and get 24 GB for $110/month vs your 18 GB for $100/month. Now THAT would be MORE money for MORE data, an extra 6 GB for only $10/month MORE with the added benefit of Safety Mode which would mean you would not be paying those $100+ overage fees. That means you would be able to pay for the added cost of your new plan for TEN MONTHS for the same cost of ONLY ONE of your brother's overage months. How many months per year does your brother have those type of overages?

RITZUC97 wrote:

my family and I are constantly fighting with each other over data and my 17 year old brother constantly causes us to have over $100+ every month in data overage charges.

By the above statement, I am guessing it is MUCH more often than ONCE EVERY TEN MONTHS. Any way you look at it, you would be saving money and THAT is the answer to your following question.

RITZUC97 wrote:

I am not sure how that can be advertised as being something beneficial for Verizon's customers.

The line access fees are not changing with the new Verizon Plan so I am not sure how your following statement is accurate unless you are adding another line.

RITZUC97 wrote:

On the new plan XL plan it would be 16 GB of data which is 2 GB less than what I have now and paying MORE. The cost of the actual data charge is only $90 a month but then the Line access charge goes up to $140

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I want to make sure that you are on the right plan mdmurph. I have sent you a Private Message so I can make sure I give you the most accurate information on your personal account.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes