Highlighted

$60.00 Fraudulent Sony Charge

After extensive research it is quite evident, at this point, that Verizon accounts were hacked in September 2015 with fraudulent unauthorized $60.00 Sony charges.  Everyone's story is the same.  Yet Verizon refuses to acknowledge or take ownership for this breach.  They treat the customers who were hacked as liars.  They expect them to resolve the problem with Sony and yet they can not because they don't have an account with Sony.  So, the customers are stuck frustrated, angry, and in limbo because Verizon won't help and Sony won't help.  Of course, if this were a problem with a credit card company, everyone would have been refunded their $60.00 and the credit card fraud department would be dealing with Sony to resolve the problem not making their customers do it.  Verizon customers were the victims of fraud and rather than helping their customers Verizon is continuing to victimize them.  If I do not get the $60.00 refunded by Verizon then they leave me no choice but to file a  complaint with the BBB, the FTC, the attorney generals office, our local news station consumer help reporter and sue them in small claims.  I will also be looking at changing my wireless, home and business accounts to new providers.  I encourage everyone else to do the same.  Don't take it.  I know it is only $60.00 but it is $60.00 times how many victimized Verizon customers and it is the principal.  Verizon should take ownership for this breach and not continue to victimize their customers.  Verizon should treat their customers with more respect and value their business.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: $60.00 Fraudulent Sony Charge

Community Manager
Community Manager

This is NOT the wireless experience that we want you to have with us shoplocal. Fraud is an issue that we take very seriously as our customer's account security is of the highest importance. Allow us to partner with you and customize a solution to the Sony charge that you incurred. We have sent you a private message, of which we can gather some info from you. If you can reply then we can proceed. Thanks in advance.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes