Highlighted

Re: 55+ unlimited plan review

Why yes it is disappointing to hear.  Your not nearly as disappointed as I am for having switched to this data plan.

I am in the 95603 zip code.  I also spend time in the 95959, 95945 and 95661 area codes.  This is a distance of about 1 hour top to bottom.  Yes, it happens everywhere.  Perhaps I just don't understand how this is suppose to work.  I have wifi at home.  I get in my car and Pandora is playing presumably on wifi.  I drive off.  Pandora finishes the song and stops.  End of music.  Done.  Fini.  If I want to listen to music.  I have to pull over.  Turn off mobile data and then put Pandora into 'offline' mode.   Well that is cumbersome and pointless. 

In other words - my phone does not stream.  My 55+ unlimited plan is unlimited only in no streaming.  I don't watch movies.  I rarely watch you tube on my phone.  I just want to listen to podcasts, books and music in my car.  Nerdy, but there you go. 

I have no clue if others are having the same issue.  I don't belong to a Verizon club.   I know that I did not have this issue when I was on my prior mobile data plan that had a minuscule 500Mb.  I could listen to Pandora on a long trip along remote winding roads.  If my mobile data was turned on I had music.  Not any more.  I thought it would be great to listen without worrying about running over my data limits.  My personal experience is that this is an essentially zero data plan.

It's nice to hear that you are there to get me back in the fast lane.  But as my little quote thing at the bottom says:  Let me see the action and not just PR words. 

Victoria

0 Likes
Highlighted

I would like to get on the 55+ plan, no one at verizon customer service or at the store can figure it out for me. I have had the same phone numbers for over 20 years on a business account.  In order to switch to 55+, customer service said I had to switch to consumer account.  So I did.  Now I am on an unlimited plan, paying considerably more a month.  I am over 55 and live in Missouri, so according to the advertisements I qualify.   I just want to switch to this plan.  What other hoops do I have to jump through to make this happen?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

PamFoud, first and foremost I want to thank you for your 20+ year loyalty to us. Making sure you're on a plan that aligns with your needs is definitely very important. I'm a consumer on a budget and sincerely understand your cost concerns. We would be glad to review your account and ensure we find out what options are available to move you to the 55+ plan. I've sent you a Private Message to better assist you. I look forward to hearing from you.

LauraF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Thank you so much for the details. We definitely would like to help and take a closer look at your account. I've sent you a private message so we can assist you further. I look forward to working with you. Thank you. 

Christian_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Did not receive a private message from you.  However someone named Laura

has contacted me.

My cell number is [removed]  please call me.

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

PamFoud wrote:

Did not receive a private message from you. However someone named Laura

has contacted me.

Yes, one of the Verizon reps which responded to you has the username lauraf_vzw

Furthermore, you should not post your cell # on this public forum as that is against the TOS and is a GREAT way to start receiving MORE spam phone calls.

Highlighted

Customer Support

We always want you to have the plan with the best value and fit, PamFoud. Sorry to hear that you didn't receive the private message earlier. I did attempt to call you but had to leave a message. Please check your private messages here for further instruction: https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

Ryan_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

To get the 55+ pricing advertised there are some requirements.  You must be in the state where the offer is valid, the person who qualifies for the plan must be the account holder, paperless billing, and auto pay from your checking account are required. If you can get properly switched to the 55+ plan, I feel it's a good deal.  I tried to switch last month and have have nothing but problems. I'm currently being overcharged and have yet to be placed on the plan.  Good luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

jss2018, I am glad to see that you are informed in regards to our Go Unlimited Plan for 55 Plus. I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced challenges with qualifying for this plan on your account, and I will be more than happy to provide assistance. To clarify, what issues have you encountered when attempting to switch to this plan? For convenience, our comprehensive FAQ and eligibility requirements for this plan can be found here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/go-unlimited-55-plus-faqs/ Let us know if this helps.

Lorenzo_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I’m having problems getting this plus the 55 plus. Ive called in and went to the store and they are not able to get the plan on my account a ticket was submitted but haven’t heard back

0 Likes