Highlighted

55+ unlimited plan review

I have the option of switching to Verizon's 55+ unlimited plan.  I'm a little hesitant after reading some of the negative reviews on Verizon's Go Unlimited but wanted to know if anyone is using it and really liking or disliking it.  The reason I'm hesitant to switch is if I don't like it I won't be able to get back the plan I currently have.  But the unlimited sounds attractive and the pricing is good.  Thanks for any insights!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: 55+ unlimited plan review

It's the same as Go but cheaper. We've been on Go since it came out in August 2017 and for us we have no issues. A lot of people misunderstand the plan and think you are throttled all the time. Only during times of congestion are you slowed down. And for us that is rarely. That being said that is where we live where you live it may be different. What plan are you on now that you can't go back?

Highlighted

Grandfathered plans are good for 60 days to switch back to. Also Go depends on location.

Highlighted

Expert

glitchedpixel wrote:

Grandfathered plans are good for 60 days to switch back to. Also Go depends on location.

60 days? I have always heard 14 days to request inactive pricing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

Ann154 wrote:

glitchedpixel wrote:

60 days? I have always heard 14 days to request inactive pricing.

Same. I would NOT rely on that 60 days promise

Highlighted

Thank you for the answers.  Actually my original plan is a regular off the shelf type plan. It's the 2GB bonus data that I was receiving that I didn't want to lose should I decide to go back. But now I see that the bonus data is a promotion that Verizon is running and obtainable just by asking I guess.  Appreciate all the help!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

The bonus data was a promotional offer and would be removed if you change plans. I'm not sure you could get it back if you tried to return to your previous plan if you didn't like the new plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

I found just the opposite.  I find it always throttled.  The only unlimited thing is lack of access to mobile data.  In spite of an hour in chat with a verizon rep who claimed that it guaranteed everyone a great experience and that only when the network was really congested would you experience a lack of service is apparently corporate speak for you will never have data access because they are always congested.

I only listen to Pandora in the car with this plan, I have yet to have it work.  I get nothing, but "we will be right back, buffering".  I think it is a pretty worthless plan personally.  The unlimited 55+ isn't worth it if you have something else.  The unlimited 55+ is 3rd in line for data access per the Verizon rep which my experience shows 3rd in line means that you will never have data access.  It's not occasionally not have - it is will never have.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

88Keys, making a plunge into a new plan can be a bit scary without having all the facts, so I would be happy to provide you with a full clarification about the 55+ Unlimited plan. boringusername, glitchedpixel, and Ann154 are all correct about the plan expectations. The bonus data will fall off when making a plan change. Therefore, even with the 60 day period of being able to switch back to your current plan, it is not recommended if you do not want your promotional data to fall off. Furthermore, location does play a big role for this plan on the deprioritization of data. When connected to a congested tower for data, at any time, those users get deprioritized behind customers like yourself who are on a tiered and data limited plan. If you would like to proceed with the plan change, I have sent a message to your inbox. Please reply to me there. Akane_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

VICJOH1, this is disappointing to hear. This is not the experience we want for you and it's not one that we hear about often. We know how important having access to swift data is, and we're here to help get you back in the fast lane. What zip code is affected? Does this happen everywhere?  Are others having the same issue in your area? 

Joseph_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes