Re: 55+ "loyalty" plan

cat1124

I have the same problem.  The kicker is, if I was a new customer I would be immediately signed up. Since I am a 20+ year customer, I don't qualify since Verizon hasn't sent me an invitation. I found this out after multiple phone calls to verizon customer service who told me, "no problem, when that 3rd line comes off your account, you will immediatly quality." Loyalty plan? I have been loyal over 20 years. Where is Verizons loyalty to existing customers? I guess they prefer new customers over "loyal customers."

0 Likes
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

@cat1124 wrote:

I have the same problem.  The kicker is, if I was a new customer I would be immediately signed up. Since I am a 20+ year customer, I don't qualify since Verizon hasn't sent me an invitation. I found this out after multiple phone calls to verizon customer service who told me, "no problem, when that 3rd line comes off your account, you will immediatly quality." Loyalty plan? I have been loyal over 20 years. Where is Verizons loyalty to existing customers? I guess they prefer new customers over "loyal customers."

It's not because you are a 20+ year customer, it is because you have 3 lines on your account. The 55+ plan is ONLY for 1 or 2 lines. Have the person with the 3rd line take over the line on their own and you will qualify, even though you are a 20+ year customer.

And the "kicker" is IF you were a new customer AND you tried to open an account with 3 lines, you WOULD NOT qualify to sign up for the 55+ plan. You would only be able to do so with a MAXIMUM of 2 lines. In that matter, there is no difference between "new customers" and "loyal customers".

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Your voice and loyalty matter to us. We never want you to feel that you are not valued. The plan that you are referring to is targeted to seniors 55+ in select states. All of the eligibilty requirements are indicated in the link provided:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/go-unlimited-55-plus-faqs/. 

We do have a lot of great active promotions for our existing customers, you can check them out here: www.vzw.com/deals/. 

If you haven't enrolled in our loyalty program, please visit: m.vzw.com/m/UpSocial to learn more.

-BrittanyC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

Tom_Oregon

Just tried to get it on my mother's account today. I recalled that it had been in her web offers a while ago, but she didn't want to change plans at the time. Today they told me that it would take several months to verify her eligibility. What's that about? My mother is in her 80s and has been with Verizon for many years. I would call that 55 plus and very loyal!

My wife is on the plan and got it without any website offer. One month she was going to go above the data plan so we called and they just put her on that plan within minutes.

I don't understand why it would take several billing Cycles to find out about my mother's eligibility. Sounds like some kind of a bait and switch scam to me!

0 Likes

I wish they had explained the priority thing to me when I signed up for this "loyalty" program.  I live out in the country and had excellent service before this program.  Now when the kids all come home from school, I can't even connect.

Tags (1)

Tom_Oregon

OK, that's good information.  My mother lives in a rural area and could be affected by the same issue. Thanks.

Tom

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Good afternoon! As a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. Our Discounts for Seniors 55+Unlimited Plan is a very popular plan for many of our customers. We've noted your reference to your mother living in a rural area and your concerns about our network service coverage there. We take pride in having the most reliable network and we certainly understand how very important it is to have a great service at home and when traveling. I feel the same way too. The good news is that you can visit our website to view our network coverage at your convenience at http://spr.ly/66031JQKf. Once you've accessed the website please be sure to view #1 and click the website link provided. I'd also like to provide you with more information about our Discounts for Seniors 55+ Plan by visiting our website at http://spr.ly/66041JQKA. I'm confident that this information is helpful. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes