Re: 55+ "loyalty" plan

cat1124

I have the same problem.  The kicker is, if I was a new customer I would be immediately signed up. Since I am a 20+ year customer, I don't qualify since Verizon hasn't sent me an invitation. I found this out after multiple phone calls to verizon customer service who told me, "no problem, when that 3rd line comes off your account, you will immediatly quality." Loyalty plan? I have been loyal over 20 years. Where is Verizons loyalty to existing customers? I guess they prefer new customers over "loyal customers."

0 Likes
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

@cat1124 wrote:

I have the same problem.  The kicker is, if I was a new customer I would be immediately signed up. Since I am a 20+ year customer, I don't qualify since Verizon hasn't sent me an invitation. I found this out after multiple phone calls to verizon customer service who told me, "no problem, when that 3rd line comes off your account, you will immediatly quality." Loyalty plan? I have been loyal over 20 years. Where is Verizons loyalty to existing customers? I guess they prefer new customers over "loyal customers."

It's not because you are a 20+ year customer, it is because you have 3 lines on your account. The 55+ plan is ONLY for 1 or 2 lines. Have the person with the 3rd line take over the line on their own and you will qualify, even though you are a 20+ year customer.

And the "kicker" is IF you were a new customer AND you tried to open an account with 3 lines, you WOULD NOT qualify to sign up for the 55+ plan. You would only be able to do so with a MAXIMUM of 2 lines. In that matter, there is no difference between "new customers" and "loyal customers".

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Your voice and loyalty matter to us. We never want you to feel that you are not valued. The plan that you are referring to is targeted to seniors 55+ in select states. All of the eligibilty requirements are indicated in the link provided:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/go-unlimited-55-plus-faqs/. 

We do have a lot of great active promotions for our existing customers, you can check them out here: www.vzw.com/deals/. 

If you haven't enrolled in our loyalty program, please visit: m.vzw.com/m/UpSocial to learn more.

-BrittanyC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes