Highlighted

55+ "loyalty" plan

pubdef26

Wondering if anyone else who fits all the criteria for the 55+ loyalty plan is being denied said plan?? I'm not quite sure, after speaking with customer service reps both on the phone and in person at a store, how they define "loyalty".  It seems my 24 YEARS WITH VERIZON is not considered loyal enough.  My neighbor 5 houses down was able to easily sign up for the 55+ loyalty plan but when I asked, I was told, yes you fit the requirements.. BUT.. it "has to be OFFERED to you"!  What??  So why isn't it being offered to a 57 yr old customer of 24 years?  Blank stare.. no reason.

Thanks for nothing Verizon.  As I've read on other posts, I guess I need to switch to another provider then come back to be considered worthy enough for any special deals.

Anyone else had this problem?

Labels (1)

Re: 55+ "loyalty" plan

Piscestg
Novice

I was offered this a few months ago when I logged into my account. I thought it was just based on your age and the state in which you reside. I don't know how VZW would know my age but I am over 60. I have been with them for 26 years. I turned it down though. So many people want this but I guess they don't realize that your data speed can be throttled any time the system is busy. That's not worth it to me. I have Beyond Unlimited and I never reach the 22GB throttle point with my iPhone, iPad and Apple watch. I am happy where I'm at but I'm also lucky I can afford it. Good luck.

0 Likes

boringusername

Piscestg wrote:

I was offered this a few months ago when I logged into my account. I thought it was just based on your age and the state in which you reside. I don't know how VZW would know my age but I am over 60. I have been with them for 26 years. I turned it down though. So many people want this but I guess they don't realize that your data speed can be throttled any time the system is busy. That's not worth it to me. I have Beyond Unlimited and I never reach the 22GB throttle point with my iPhone, iPad and Apple watch. I am happy where I'm at but I'm also lucky I can afford it. Good luck.

Because not everyone uses a lot of data. We have Go Unlimited and I was on the unlimited plan that first came out 2 years ago before then( now called Beyond ). I can tell very little difference between the 2.

0 Likes

boringusername

pubdef26 wrote:

Wondering if anyone else who fits all the criteria for the 55+ loyalty plan is being denied said plan?? I'm not quite sure, after speaking with customer service reps both on the phone and in person at a store, how they define "loyalty". It seems my 24 YEARS WITH VERIZON is not considered loyal enough. My neighbor 5 houses down was able to easily sign up for the 55+ loyalty plan but when I asked, I was told, yes you fit the requirements.. BUT.. it "has to be OFFERED to you"! What?? So why isn't it being offered to a 57 yr old customer of 24 years? Blank stare.. no reason.

Thanks for nothing Verizon. As I've read on other posts, I guess I need to switch to another provider then come back to be considered worthy enough for any special deals.

Anyone else had this problem?

No it doesn't have to be offered to you if you the account owner are 55+ and live in one of the states listed. The only time you have to be offered is if you live outside of the states listed.

0 Likes

Piscestg
Novice

I agree for some areas probably but I live and work in dense metro areas. I would be slowed down much of the time I bet.

boringusername

Piscestg wrote:

I agree for some areas probably but I live and work in dense metro areas. I would be slowed down much of the time I bet.

While I agree everyone mileage will vary you do not know that for sure. Rural areas are just as likely if not more to become congested. Rural areas have ONE tower and not all the bands. Metros will have more bands, many more towers and small cells deployed

Piscestg
Novice

boringusername wrote:

Piscestg wrote:

While I agree everyone mileage will vary you do not know that for sure. Rural areas are just as likely if not more to become congested. Rural areas have ONE tower and not all the bands. Metros will have more bands, many more towers and small cells deployed

Yes, so true. I think many looking at the 55+ plan don't know about the throttling. I can see them here complaining about it once they experience that.  A lower price usually means lower service in my opinion. I don't mind paying for better speed. I understand that.

0 Likes

glitchedpixel

Then switch, it's not that difficult of a decision. When an offer isn't there, it isn't there. T-Mobile offers discounted unlimited for 55+ customers freely. Verizon burried it into obscurity and only for a small handful of markets. For copying T-Mobile, you'd think they would do a better job at it.

Don't harass reps about it because they have zero control, that's all corporate.

0 Likes

boringusername

It's the same as regular Go Unlimited. Verizon only has 2 priority levels. level 1-Tiered postpaid data/Beyond under 22 GB,/Above under 75 GB; Level 2 - everything else

0 Likes

alans_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

pubdef26, I appreciate your loyalty over the last 24 years and want to help ensure you feel valued as a customer. The Go Unlimited Plan 55+ is currently only available in select states and other requirements must be met to qualify for the plan. I can certainly understand the feeling since your neighbor was able to get the plan.

Losing you as a customer is the last option we ever want to consider and I'll be glad to exhaust all options to retain your business. I have sent you a Direct Message so I can follow up with you directly to review your options. Please also reference the link attached under Question #1 for the eligibility requirements associated with the Go Unlimited Plan 55+. I look forward to hearing from you soon. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/go-unlimited-55-plus-faqs/#get-plan

AlanS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes