Highlighted

55+ bait and Switch

JackM12

Well, for starters we are 16+ year Verizon Customers. 62 and 65

We went to a local Store in Bend Oregon (A city with MANY retirees) and were told that many people in Bend had been accepted to the 55+ plan, we even spoke in the prescence of the rep at that store with VZW customer service and were assured that it would only take a "Bump" from them to get this done. (Never happened) went back few days later no one could find it in the system? tryed again, same result but now they can see it? The why is we were told we could get the BOGO if we had that unlimited 55+ plan. Phones were ordered in but plan approval never came. called to get help, was told no we cant get that for you only florida although watch your special message line on your app (6 months now no special offer) rep then did some "MATH" and said what price would it have been? all agreed $143 with new gear, she said I have special discounts and can make it $143, guess what bill was $153, now has escalated to $200?

Come on Verizon I touch a business account with 60 phones and see 500+ customers a year why would you not treat us as a most valued customer?

Were trying to stay but we have the resources to pay the plans and "Magenta" has offered $1,950 to have us move? (I have tested the coverage in the areas we visit and it is acceptable) now dont get me wrong we want to stay but are retiring soon and the 55+ is what we need for a fixed income.

PLEASE help us stay

J+N BEND Oregon

0 Likes

Re: 55+ bait and Switch

Piscestg
Novice

That plan is only for a few states at this point and the data will be slowed anytime there is a lot of usage on the system. Read about it and inform yourself.

"On a fixed income"..........everybody is. I've worked for over 40 years and I've always been on a fixed income. My paycheck is the same every payday. Unless you worked on commission, your paycheck was fixed also.

Community Manager
Community Manager

JackM12, 

I am so sorry to hear that you have had this experience. We would like to turn this around. I have sent you a Private Message to discuss this further. 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@JackM12 wrote:

Well, for starters we are 16+ year Verizon Customers. 62 and 65

We went to a local Store in Bend Oregon (A city with MANY retirees) and were told that many people in Bend had been accepted to the 55+ plan, we even spoke in the prescence of the rep at that store with VZW customer service and were assured that it would only take a "Bump" from them to get this done. (Never happened) went back few days later no one could find it in the system? tryed again, same result but now they can see it? The why is we were told we could get the BOGO if we had that unlimited 55+ plan. Phones were ordered in but plan approval never came. called to get help, was told no we cant get that for you only florida although watch your special message line on your app (6 months now no special offer) rep then did some "MATH" and said what price would it have been? all agreed $143 with new gear, she said I have special discounts and can make it $143, guess what bill was $153, now has escalated to $200?

Come on Verizon I touch a business account with 60 phones and see 500+ customers a year why would you not treat us as a most valued customer?

Were trying to stay but we have the resources to pay the plans and "Magenta" has offered $1,950 to have us move? (I have tested the coverage in the areas we visit and it is acceptable) now dont get me wrong we want to stay but are retiring soon and the 55+ is what we need for a fixed income.

PLEASE help us stay

J+N BEND Oregon

The buy one get one deals require a new line of service for the free/discounted phone, and the unlimited data plan, installments and like model phones.  Did you meet the requirements?

0 Likes

glitchedpixel

That plan isn't and never was offered to Oregon. Some people might get a targeted offer that's similar, but it's not the same in terms of availability. 

BOGO offers, even if you had unlimited to meet the requirement (for those with unlimited needed), you wouldn't have qualified since those require a new line of service.

Tom_Oregon

My wife lives in Oregon and was offered the plan when she ran above her data quota one month, about a year ago. She has been on the plan ever since

0 Likes

Tom_Oregon

I should add to my above post that even though my wife has it in Oregon, they would not give it to my mother who also lives in Oregon. This seems to be a dance of pick and choose which customers get the plan. In other words, discrimination!

Tags (1)
0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Tom_Oregon, we know how important it is to have a cost effective plan. Please know that offers do change regularly and as we do test market different plans, you will find that they are offered in specific locations. For this reason, something may be offered in one location this year but not the next. We would be happy to review your mother's plan for any options to save. Simply have the account owner contact us for plan review.

LorenB_VZW  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes