Highlighted

2GB Data Plan?

oneilb83

I'm on the MORE Everything Unlimited Talk, Text & 2GB cuz my Mom has the same iPhone 5c as me but hers is white and we both are sharing the 2GB Data Plan for $50 but now see that our current plan MORE Everything Unlimited Talk, Text & 2GB is no longer available and that the 2GB Data Plan is now $40 instead of $50, If I was to change the Data Plan by selecting 2GB for $40 and start it today when my 2GB data just reseted on March 1 am I gonna have to pay the $50 for this month plus the $40 for the new plan on the March 28th Bill or will I get a -$50 credit and don't have to pay March 28ths bill?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: 2GB Data Plan?

Community Manager
Community Manager

I want you to take advantage of the savings available with our new pricing, oneilb83. When changing your plan on My Verizon or with the assistance of a representative, you have three options. You can backdate a change (may not always be available), start the change on demand, or futuredate the change for your next cycle. If you are able to select to backdate the plan for the current cycle, the previous plan cost will be refunded on your next statement and the new pricing will be charged in its place. By selecting a change to start the same day, the prices would be prorated. So since your cycle started the 1st, you would be prorated for the amount of days you were on the plan.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If done on demand cost is prorated, So the rest of the month is at the $40 cost.  You will pay a few dollars for the 6 days on the $50 plan.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I want you to take advantage of the savings available with our new pricing, oneilb83. When changing your plan on My Verizon or with the assistance of a representative, you have three options. You can backdate a change (may not always be available), start the change on demand, or futuredate the change for your next cycle. If you are able to select to backdate the plan for the current cycle, the previous plan cost will be refunded on your next statement and the new pricing will be charged in its place. By selecting a change to start the same day, the prices would be prorated. So since your cycle started the 1st, you would be prorated for the amount of days you were on the plan.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If done on demand cost is prorated, So the rest of the month is at the $40 cost.  You will pay a few dollars for the 6 days on the $50 plan.

oneilb83

I just changed the Data Plan from 2GB for $50 to 2GB for $40 and started it today March 6th

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

They prorate the cost.  So the rest of the month is at the $40 cost.  You will pay a few dollars for the 6 days on the $50 plan.

$50 / 31 = 1.61 x 6 days....  So about $9

then $40 / 31 = 1.29  X 25 days. About $32

oneilb83

Me and my Mom both share the 2GB so I put in $20 for my share and my Mom puts $20 in for her share that totals to $40

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Add another 1.50 each for this month and it should cover the bill..

0 Likes

oneilb83

why another $1.50 and whats that for?

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

My bad math, it should be $ .50 more.

This month the prorated bill should work out as above.  $32 + $9 = 41, approx... 

0 Likes

oneilb83

My next Bill that will be from March 29th - April 28th that will be due May 23rd is gonna be a total of $141.06

For Me:

Smartline Access: $40

2 GB Share: $20

Verizon Wireless' Surcharges+ Total: $2.20

Taxes, Governmental Surcharges and Fees+ Total: $3.33

Total of those 2 is $5.53

$40 + $5.53: $45.53 + $20 for share of the 2GB data is $65.53

For my Mom:

Smarline Access: $40

2 GB Share: $20

Total Mobile Protection: $10

Verizon Wireless' Surcharges+ Total: $2.20

Taxes, Governmental Surcharges and Fees+ Total: $3.33

Total of those 2 is $5.53

$40 + $10 + $50 + $5.53: $55.53 + $20 for share of the 2GB data is $75.53

$65.53 + $75.53 is a total of $141.06

0 Likes

rpstrilaeff

If we change to the new 2GB plan for $40 instead of $50 do we still get the additional 1GB free  promotional data?

0 Likes