Highlighted

20 year customer considering to leave - home coverage issues

After having 20 years of excellent coverage I have moved to an home which has terrible recption of Verizon indoor. Thank goodness I never needed customer support because I now understand some of the community frustrations. Tech coach app doesnt work (for me on my phone). Tech support unable to help improve the situation after resetting my phone and network settings or respond in timely manner.  Hate to change after so many years but my work is form home and already missing calls but Verizon doesnt seem to want to help. Any advice?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: 20 year customer considering to leave - home coverage issues

Leader

not verizon's problem when you move, good luck with your new service.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Do you have Wifi at home? Have you activated Wifi calling on the phone?  That will solve the location coverage issue.  If you don’t have home Wifi, and your new home is in an area that does not get good signal into the house, your best bet is to look what companies have better coverage in your area.

what do you expect Verizon to do if the signal doesn’t get into your house?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

If you have a broadband internet connection in your home, you could always purchase a network extender.

0 Likes
Highlighted

smart answer but the Verizon signal is not that strong  outside and degrades inside...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Your not understanding what a network extender does and you didn’t answer if you have wifi at home. 

Wifi calling would fix your concern

The network extender does not extend the outside signal, it connects to your wifi and acts as a cell tower in your home. 

Both would fix your problem, both require you to have home wifi. 

I have a relatively weak signal in the back portion of my home, and calls would drop. With wifi calling on, it has completely fixed the problem. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We don’t want to see you go, Sammydlc! Having service where you need it most is crucial and we would like to learn more. Weth is right as Wi-Fi Calling can majorly improve service where the wireless signal doesn’t penetrate. Do you have Wi-Fi at your new home? If so, you can learn more about Wi-Fi Calling by clicking here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/ 

ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

You've admitted to moving to an area with poor coverage. That's not Verizon's fault. A tech rep can't change your location. At most they could send you a network extender which uses your home internet to serve as a signal booster.

0 Likes