Re: 2 year contract with Verizon auto-renewed without my consent

anj109

This just happened to me too. Wanted to cancel my business plan and switch to a residential plan cause it's a lot cheaper. The lady told me that my 2 year contract renewed in Oct. 17. I said I never renewed it or got any letter saying it was going to renew but she told me that it would have been in fine print on our bill. I auto-pay my bill so I never even look at it. Said it would cost $500 to cancel my service. This is insane.

0 Likes

TOMMLY67

yeh I just dont get how this makes any sense legally. It would be really good to hear from a lawyer about how to challenge this.

I'm worried that if I fight this they would report me and damage my credit score.

0 Likes

danlerch

Yes, I just walked onto that boat!  I'm stuck. I think it's consumer entrapment. I called for a better service deal, which amounted to a small monetary change that would fade out and got scammed into a 2 year contract in the fine print.  I've been with Verizon for about 9 years and they collared me into this!  disgusted.

0 Likes

Ericsoak

Just happened to me, what a huge scam. They basically auto renew a contract I never agreed to auto renew. I never signed or chose to change anything after my two years were up. Figured I would rather be safe than be in a contract. Eight years of being a customer instead of jumping ship to Comcast. So instead my loyalty to the company is punished by charging me a termination fee of $300.10 when I decide to move my business to a location that doesn't even have Verizon internet as an option. Of course the "Manager" then just keeps reiterating that they have it on the bill. That it is written in that way. That they are clearly listed as auto Renewing. 

0 Likes