Highlighted

$150 Verizon Switch Rebate and billing issues. Regretting switching all together.

ATL89

I switched to Verizon and was told I would receive a $150 switch rebate. I filled out the form, and it was accepted. Supposedly the card was mailed out over 30 days ago. I have called the number indicated for customer support, but it's an automated system with no option for cards that have not been received.

On top of that, Verizon attempted to deduct my first payment from my bank account twice. The first one went through, the second one did not. (Which makes sense since it was the entire total that was due, and it was only due one time.) Now I'm being charged a returned item fee and a re-connection fee on this bill. My service was never disconnected because, duh, the first transaction paid the balance. Spoke with customer service about this any they weren't a lot of help, only wanted to make a payment arrangement for the total.

I am irritated beyond believe and regretting switching my cell service in the first place.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: $150 Verizon Switch Rebate and billing issues. Regretting switching all together.

Community Manager
Community Manager

ATL89, We definitely do not want you to regret switching to Verizon. You have definitely been going through a lot and I would be concerned as well not receiving my rebate card. The billing issues are a huge concern as well, and I will go over that information with you. I sent you a Private Message so we can discuss this in detail

SantoC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Re: $150 Verizon Switch Rebate and billing issues. Regretting switching all together.

ATL89

UPDATE: My bill was corrected, but I have yet to receive my $150 rebate. I'm starting to believe that isn't a real offer.

0 Likes

pzjagd1
Novice

Here is the correct number to call for the switcher rebate, not customer service:

877-899-8980

I received an e-mail that mine had been issued and when I didn't receive it, I called. It was mailed to my permanent address, but the post office didn't forward it to my temp address. They don't forward credit/debit cards, instead, it was returned to the issuer. I gave them my temp address and received new cards within a week.

0 Likes

PMCLAUGH

I understand your pain! I've had nothing but problem after problem since I switched to verizon just over a month ago!!! First the salesman gave me a different phone then the one I requested during the bogo promo. When he switched out the wrong phone for the correct phone it negated the bogo promo so I'm being charged for what's supposed to be a free phone! Then I was charged for three phone plans because of the returned phone. I've talked to three different people who have "fixed the issue" yet it's still not fixed! We switched from at&t because of the bogo promo and when you transferred lines you got a $150 prepaid card per line (I was told we would receive the card in 30 days). Therefore the salesman threw $300 worth of accessories into our bag that we didn't ask for because they would be 40%off only the day you sign up for the phones and our prepaid card would cover the costs. Today I look to see where the card is and we aren't getting it now!!! The salesman never told us we had to sign up for this rebate!! He just told us it would arrive in 30 days!!! I have never been so disgusted with a company's service.

0 Likes

katiecski

The same thing happened to me in January. It's now October. They told me it would arrive in the mail and never that I needed to sign up for anything, despite me constantly asking them what the status was each month almost. So, there goes $500. Also, they lost my trade-in phone and basically said they couldn't do anything about it. Now I'm also out a backup phone and the trade-in value. 

0 Likes