Highlighted

150$ Port in credit not received

Viv25

Hello ,

I have been reading through all the queries posted in the forum and looks like Verizon is not honoring the 150$ port credit. I am also in the same boat. I had ported to Verizon  in Dec 2014 when the promotional period was running. The device was bought at BestBuy. I was informed  by the Verizon reps that I would be receiving the 150$ credit in 2-3 billing cycles. Its been 4 billing cycles and there is no sign of credit.

Now the Verizon reps say since the device was bought at BestBuy  I am not eligible. I was totally unaware of this fact and feel like cheated.

Can somebody help.

Thanks,

VP

Labels (1)
Tags (1)

Re: 150$ Port in credit not received

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Yes, others have posted the same issue.  Best Buy offered a gift card for $150.   Some Best Buy employees were not trained to know the $150 port in credit would only be honored in Verizon corporate stores.

0 Likes

dilbertaz

I got two phones at Best Buy in February and received an instant $150 gift card for each (that I then applied as a down payment on Edge phones) in the same transaction.   For my other phone I purchased direct from Verizon online and did receive the $150 port in credit in 35 days.

Viv25

Hello,

As far as I remember, nothing was mentioned in the fine print.Also, that was one of the reasons for switching.

Thanks,

VP

Viv25

So for the phones you had purchased through BestBuy, you didn't receive the credit

Thanks,

VP

0 Likes

dilbertaz

No, the $150 BB gift card is considered the replacement for that credit.

Tonk2

I printed the port-in credit faq on March 4th, and no mention of having to buy directly from verizon although it does say to start the port go online or to a store.

Someone also asked the question back in Nov., 2014, and the official answer was:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Correct Answer by Verizon Wireless Customer Support on Nov 12, 2014 7:53 PM

Hi theusualsuspect!

Great news! All port ins are eligible for this credit. It does take 2-3 billing cycles to get the credit, but going to a 3rd party vendor is OK!

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

I'm getting the run-around because I bought on a 2-year contract and I've been told that the promotion only applies to edge contracts.  Fortunately I printed out the faq which explictly says 2-year contracts are included.  Now they tell me wait 3 months and see what happens.

monicalee314

I have exactly the same issue. I purchased my smartphone on a two year contract (I already had two phones on the contract) in December 2014 at a corporate Verizon Wireless store, thinking they would know all the details of their promotions.  I have called several times since December, I was told each time to be patient, the credit takes 2-3 billing cycles. Each time I called, I was told the same thing. OK, so I waited and I waited. No bill credit. Now  I am being told that my phone does not meet the criteria for the promotion. It is an LG G3, it is a smartphone. It is the third smartphone on my plan. Kathy in customer service does not provide service to customers. She was actually laughing at me when I asked her to connect me to her floor supervisor who could help me. She was arrogant and rude, left me on hold for extended periods of time. She was probably hoping I would get frustrated and hang up. She just kept reading me the promotions that did not apply to my situation.and saying, no its not that one. I told her on more than one occasion that I did not appreciate the tone she had taken with me. Finally, after my insistence, she begrudgingly transferred me to Sales. She even muttered that they would not tell me anything different than what she had told me. Brian was very helpful. He looked over my account, saw which phone I have, which plan I have, asked a few pertinent questions and came to the conclusion that there was, in his opinion, no reason that I should not receive the $150 bill credit.  He noted this on my account, and transferred me back to Customer Service. This time, I spoke to Abdul. He was also very helpful. He looked over the notes, looked at my account and said I will receive the $150 bill credit in 7-14 days. He even said he will text me when he has the confirmation that the credit has been applied to my account. I hope that this will finally go through. Keeping my fingers crossed.

So the $150 promotion per phone is a scam? I switched to Verizon and paid my early termination fees with AT&T only because the cost would be made up by the $150 credits for porting over I was promised. Now after not receiving them I'm told that the only promotion covering 2 yr contracts for porting over expired in October. I signed up end of December, I never talked or looked into getting a phone until December. I was told I would be credit $150 in 2-3 bill cycles for every already active phone line I ported over (2 yr contract or verizon edge), and now I'm being told there was no such promotion. There was thats why I signed up.

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

AS far as I know the $150 port in credit was running through the end of the year.  If you ported in in December, you should have recieved credit.  Contact customer service and ask why it has taken so long.    (This is way past the 2-3 billing cycles.