Highlighted

15% Discount Made My Bill Higher Than 8% Discount?

I have an older plan with unlimited data and was getting an 8% discount.  I recently saw first responders could get a 15% discount and am a retired police officer.  I verified on chat with an employee that the plan I had was eligible for this 15% discount.   I submitted the necessary paperwork and my 15% discount went into effect on 6/6/19.  Since my intent was to save money, I mistakenly assumed that my bill would go DOWN with a 15% discount.  Nope, my bill went UP  85 cents per month.   A chat with another employee explained that the 15% first responder discount was only valid on the account access and not the data.  Previously I was getting the 8% on both the account access and the data plan.    The first employee did not tell me that my bill would go UP or I would not have wasted my time on it.

I would like to go back to my 8% discount.  Is that even possible??   I also would prefer not to spend hours on chat.   Maybe I'm fortunate this increased "discount" is only costing me an extra $10.20/year but it sure leaves a bad taste in my mouth about Verizon.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: 15% Discount Made My Bill Higher Than 8% Discount?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Getting the best deal possible is always best, Thieves. First off, thank you for your service as it is very much appreciated. I can understand your concern and would like to get you pointed in the right direction. What type of discount did you previously have that was associated with the account? Looking forward to hearing back. Once we have more information, we can further advise of the best course of action.

ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes